Lil Waynes court appeal fails to have gun charge droppedFebruary 25th, 2009 - 6:04 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Feb 25 (ANI): American rapper Lil Wayne will be heading to trail , as his appeal in a Manhattan courtroom on February 24 has failed to get a gun charge dropped.
Waynes defence lawyer Stacey Richman tried to have the July 2007 arrest quashed, claiming that a cop lied about smelling marijuana wafting out of the Grammy winner’’s tour bus and used it as an excuse to board.
The motion is denied, the New York Daily News quoted Supreme Court Justice Charles Solomon as telling the 26-year-old singer, whose real name is Dwayne Carter.
The cop testified at a hearing in Manhattan Supreme Court last fall that after she smelt pot coming from the bus on the upper West Side, she boarded and found a loaded, 9-mm. handgun in the singer’’s Louis Vuitton bag.
The judge set a trial date of April 20, but not before all sides skirmished over conflicts with the star’’s upcoming tour schedule.
Im not psychic, nor is Mr. Carter, Richman said of Carter’’s professional commitments beyond April 12, when his tour ends.
And when Richman asked for time to consult with the booker, Solomon refused.
Im not going to take a backseat here, he said before setting a trial date.
Carter faces felony weapons charges, and up to 15 years in prison if convicted. (ANI)
- Lil Wayne faces jail time in weapon possession case - Oct 23, 2009
- Lil Wayne Goes Behind The Bars - Mar 09, 2010
- Lil Wayne Faces Time In Jail - Oct 22, 2009
- Lil Wayne Sentencing Ends - Mar 09, 2010
- Lil Wayne begins his sentence in jail - Mar 09, 2010
- Jeffrey Atkins' to stand trial in August - Jun 09, 2010
- D'Angelo pleads guilty to disorderly conduct over prostitution bust - Mar 13, 2011
- Lil Wayne: Destination Dentist's Chair - Feb 10, 2010
- Lil Wayne sentencing postponed due to dental surgery - Feb 10, 2010
- Warrant against jailed rapper Lil Wayne - Mar 17, 2010
- Lil Wayne sues Quincy Jones' son - Sep 08, 2012
- Lil Wayne Celebrates His Birthday By Releasing His New Album 'I Am Not A Human Being' Online - Sep 28, 2010
- Lil Wayne sued by 'Lollipop' producer - Mar 23, 2011
- Grammy Nominated Rapper Ja Rule Pleades Guilty To Firearm Charge - Dec 14, 2010
- Lil Wayne: Ready To Rap In 2011 - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: 9 mm, backseat, charles solomon, court appeal, defence lawyer, dwayne carter, grammy winner, gun charge, handgun, lil wayne, lil waynes, mr carter, new york daily news, professional commitments, rapper lil, richman, supreme court justice, tour bus, upper west side, york daily news