Lil” Wayne leads Grammy Awards nominationsDecember 4th, 2008 - 5:29 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 4 (ANI): Lil Wayne has won eight Grammy awards nominations, including album of the year for Tha Carter III.
Following close behind with seven nominations was British rock band Coldplay, while rappers Kanye West and Jay-Z, and R&B singer Ne-Yo each received six, reports BBC.
In addition to Lil” Wayne for Tha Carter III, those nominated for the prestigious album of the year award were Coldplay for Viva La Vida; Radiohead for In Rainbows; Ne-Yo for Year of the Gentleman; and Robert Plant’’s with Alison Krauss for Raising Sand.
In the other coveted category of record of the year, the nominees were Adele for Chasing Pavement; M.I.A. for Paper Planes; Coldplay for Viva La Vida; Leona Lewis for Bleeding Love; and Robert Plant and Alison Krauss for Please Read the Letter.
Katy Perry, who had one of the year’’s biggest hits with I Kissed A Girl, was delighted to be nominated for best female pop vocal performance.
The winners will be announced at a ceremony on 8 February. (ANI)
- Coldplay, Lil Wayne bag maximum Grammy nominations - Dec 04, 2008
- Robert Plant-Alison Krauss triumph Grammy''s with Album of the Year award - Feb 09, 2009
- Hudson heads list of performers at Grammy Awards - Jan 21, 2009
- Lil Wayne sues Quincy Jones' son - Sep 08, 2012
- Coldplay''s ''Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends'' named 2008''s Best-Selling Album - Feb 17, 2009
- Nayer grateful to Pitbull for career boost - May 04, 2012
- Kanye West tops 54th Grammy nominations with seven - Dec 01, 2011
- Taylor Swift & Adele amongst the big winners in the American music awards - Nov 21, 2011
- New York band TV on the Radio tops magazine album poll - Dec 11, 2008
- Lil Wayne sued by 'Lollipop' producer - Mar 23, 2011
- Coldplay, Leona Lewis top iTunes 2008 sales - Dec 03, 2008
- Lil Wayne's First Tour Since Prison Stint To Kick Off In March - Jan 25, 2011
- Taylor Swift's latest album 'Speak Now' all set to breach the 1 million number mark - Oct 29, 2010
- Coldplay release their fifth album - Oct 24, 2011
- Kanye West wins best rap song, album awards - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: adele, album of the year, alison krauss, b singer, british rock band, coldplay, grammy awards, grammy awards nominations, jay z, kanye west, leona lewis, lil wayne, paper planes, pavement, radiohead, raising sand, rappers, robert plant, tha carter, vocal performance