Lil Wayne Goes Behind The BarsMarch 9th, 2010 - 9:05 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Manhattan, Mar 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Manhattan Supreme Court had sentenced Rapper Lil Wayne to serve a year at the Rikers prison, as declared by judge Charles Solomon. The Grammy winning rapper who was taken into custody in July 2007, had pleaded guilty to felony gun charges when a .40 caliber pistol was found on his tour bus. It being said that it’s because of his guilty plea that he has been sentenced to serve a year which otherwise could have been 8 years, in a case like this. Lil Wayne and his sentencing has faced quite a number of delays, including a dental work and a fire incident at the courthouse until the final verdict which came out last Tuesday.
Defense lawyer Stacey Richman said to the media that the 27 year old star shall be held privately away from other inmates and will be eligible for an early parole by 8 months, on grounds of good behavior. Lil Wayne was greeted by thousand of his fans at the court. To them, he bowed down as he was leaving the Manhattan Supreme Court where his case was being held. The singer however, promises to keep working on his music even from behind the bars.
The THA carter trilogy man Lil Wayne had joined Cash Money Records to be regarded as the youngest member of the clan. He shot to fame with his multi-platinum album “Guerrilla Warfare” followed by “Tha Block Is Hot”. The debut album had sold over two million records which made Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr. a.k.a Lil Wayne become the third “Hot Boy”. The singer has been previously taken into custody owing to his possession of drug paraphernalia, cocaine and marijuana.
- Lil Wayne Sentencing Ends - Mar 09, 2010
- Lil Wayne begins his sentence in jail - Mar 09, 2010
- Lil Wayne sentencing postponed due to dental surgery - Feb 10, 2010
- Lil Wayne: Destination Dentist's Chair - Feb 10, 2010
- Lil Wayne sues Quincy Jones' son - Sep 08, 2012
- Lil Wayne faces jail time in weapon possession case - Oct 23, 2009
- Lil Wayne sentencing postponed due to a courthouse fire - Mar 03, 2010
- Lil Wayne sued by producer over unpaid royalties - May 10, 2010
- Lil Wayne to be released from jail in November - Jul 16, 2010
- Lil' Wayne's Mixtape "No Ceilings" Gets Officially Released - Nov 01, 2009
- Lil Wayne's First Tour Since Prison Stint To Kick Off In March - Jan 25, 2011
- Lil Wayne hit with another lawsuit - Oct 08, 2010
- Lil Wayne faces legal action over unpaid royalties - May 10, 2010
- Paris Hilton discusses jail time with Lil Wayne in magazine interview - Mar 28, 2011
- Is Wayne back to his wild ways? - Nov 07, 2010
Tags: caliber pistol, cash money records, charles solomon, debut album, defense lawyer, dwayne michael carter jr, final verdict, fire incident, guerrilla warfare, guilty plea, gun charges, hot boy, judge charles, lil wayne, michael carter, old star, platinum album, possession of drug paraphernalia, rikers prison, tha carter