Lil Wayne Arrested For Possessing MarijuanaDecember 19th, 2009 - 8:29 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Dec. 19, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Though Lil Wayne has pleaded guilty for possessing firearms and nowadays is keeping busy with his musical works, it appears that controversy is not eager to leave the singer. Dwayne Carter, who is popularly known as Lil Wayne, several times has come under the spotlight for different controversial issues but it was unexpected that the singer would once again court controversy when two months are left for his imprisonment. Friday night, Lil Wayne was detained in Texas by the officers of US Border Patrol for possessing drugs.
According to the official reports, marijuana was found from two buses of the singer, which made the officials to detain him. Eleven others were arrested with the singer on same charges and their case was referred to the office of the Brook County Sheriff. The rapper and the other men who were booked by the officers were interrogated by the officials before their release.
Though the singer has been released, it is still unknown whether he has chances of facing any serious charges. The officials of the Brooks County Sheriff had not commented on the case against Lil Wayne. As the officials did not provide any information on the case, to get an insight of the case, media representatives tried to contact, Cortez Bryant, the music manager and Cara Lewis, the talent agent of the singer. However, none of them could be reached for comment and so fans who are anxious to know about the legal hassles that the singer might have to endure for possessing marijuana, will have to wait for sometime.
- Warrant against jailed rapper Lil Wayne - Mar 17, 2010
- Lil Wayne Goes Behind The Bars - Mar 09, 2010
- Soulja Boy arrested for possession of marijuana - Oct 18, 2011
- Wiz Khalifa Arrested On Charges Of Drug Possession, Released Later - Nov 10, 2010
- Lil Wayne Sentencing Ends - Mar 09, 2010
- Lil Wayne sues Quincy Jones' son - Sep 08, 2012
- Police Arrest Willie Nelson For Pot Possession - Nov 28, 2010
- Lil Wayne Faces Time In Jail - Oct 22, 2009
- Lil Wayne plans to retire at 35 - Oct 25, 2011
- Report: Rapper Soulja Boy arrested for drug and gun charges - Oct 19, 2011
- Clifford Joseph Harris Jr. aka 'Rapper T.I.' and wife arrested on drug charges - Sep 03, 2010
- Ja Rule to begin his prison sentence today - Jun 09, 2011
- Willie Nelson Arrested For Pot Possession - Dec 02, 2010
- Lil Wayne to kick off his first tour after jail stint - Jan 25, 2011
- Lil Wayne to be released from jail in November - Jul 16, 2010
Tags: border patrol, brooks county, buses, controversial issues, controversy, cortez, county sheriff, firearms, friday night, imprisonment, insight, kar, legal hassles, lil wayne, marijuana, media representatives, meena, music manager, several times, spotlight