Life in Italy is beautiful, says George ClooneySeptember 3rd, 2010 - 1:32 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Sept 3 (ANI): George Clooney’s Italian investment is paying off incredible returns.
The actor, who’s currently dating Italian television presenter Elisabetta Canalis, admits he feels relaxed since buying ght a villa in the European town of Laglio, which helped him escape the pressures of Hollywood.
“What changed my life in a very pleasant and unexpected way was buying the villa in Laglio. That was a pure investment decision - I thought I would maybe spend a few weeks vacationing there. But then I realised how beautiful life was in Italy and how it really helped calm me and not feel so pressured. I could also work productively and bring my friends over to keep me company,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted George Clooney as saying.
The 49-year-old bachelor, who has had a series of short term relationships , also admitted he has previously put his career before his personal life but is happy to have now changed his priorities.
“I was working so hard on my film projects that for a time I basically didn’t even think very much about how my personal life was evolving,” Clooney added in an interview with the Daily Mirror newspaper.
“I didn’t care in the sense that I didn’t have a family or children to look after and I wasn’t involved in any long-term relationships.
“Now, I still feel I haven’t done my best work although I’ve at least put myself in a position where I can keep doing what I love and enjoy the process.
“I even have a bit of a personal life these days. I don’t want to make anyone sick but things are going pretty well for me,” he added. (ANI)
- Elisabetta Canalis says that George Clooney was like a father figure to her - Oct 31, 2011
- We had father-daughter relationship: Clooney's ex - Oct 30, 2011
- Stacy Keibler: 'George Clooney keeps me locked up' - Jan 10, 2012
- Clooney's idyllic Italian villa turns into tourist site - Nov 12, 2010
- Paparazzi harassment forces George Clooney to put Italian villa on sale - Feb 25, 2010
- George Clooney and Elisabetta Canalis split - Jun 23, 2011
- I did too many drugs and chicks to run for office, says George Clooney - Feb 24, 2011
- Clooney has given colour back to my life, says girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis - Aug 04, 2010
- Is George Clooney Marrying His Girlfriend Elisabetta? - Jul 27, 2010
- George Clooney Denies Selling His Villa - Feb 26, 2010
- George Clooney to marry girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis? - Jul 26, 2010
- I'm a firm believer in marriage: Clooney's girlfriend - Jun 09, 2011
- Clooney's girlfriend bares all for PETA campaign - May 05, 2011
- George Clooney's girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis has no plans to have kids - Feb 18, 2011
- Clooney, Canalis don't plan on having kids - Feb 18, 2011
Tags: beautiful life, daily mirror, film projects, george clooney, hollywood, investment decision, italian television, laglio, life in italy, life these days, long term relationships, morning herald, old bachelor, personal life, priorities, sydney morning herald, television presenter