Liev Schreiber ‘Giddy’ Over Dressing in DragAugust 26th, 2009 - 6:37 pm ICT by IBNS
By Abhiroop Mukherjee
Aug 26 (IBNS) In his new role as a cross-dresser, Liev Schreiber explores his feminine side by donning a dress and wearing heels.
“It was exhilaratingly humiliating. But I completely became giddy in a strange way the moment I put on the dress,” ” Schreiber, who plays a tough, ex-Marine transvestite in Ang Lee’s comedy Taking Woodstock, was quoted as saying by People.com.
Overcoming his initial reactions, Schreiber, 41, admits that he suddenly became conscious about his looks and developed a strong desire to feel more attractive.
“Vanity quickly set in, and I thought to myself, ‘I wish my belly was flatter,’ ” he says with a laugh.”Let’s face it, I don’t look great in a dress, but it’s nice to hear I have nice legs.”
Now that the father of two sons has worn women’s clothing, shaved his body hair and stood in high heel shoes, the rugged 220-lbs. actor sympathizes with women who often endure pain in the name of fashion.
“The shoes are awful,” says Schreiber. “But for a 6-foot-3-inch [tall] man, to walk around in stilettos is nearly impossible. But women have no idea what it’s like for a grown hairy man to remove all of his hair from his body. Now that hurts!”
So how did girlfriend, Naomi Watts, react? “She was horrified! It flipped her out,” says Schreiber. “She was in shock for 30 seconds. Then she started to crack jokes.”
- Naomi Watts "mortified" to see 'drag queen' Liev Schreiber - Aug 26, 2009
- Sean Bean goes out in drag - Aug 09, 2012
- Victoria Beckham a 'smart' dresser - Jul 13, 2012
- Stilettos, gladiators, wedges ...for the well heeled! (With Images) - Sep 08, 2010
- Man claims hair growth pills turned him into woman - Jul 23, 2012
- Watts wants a baby girl - Sep 08, 2012
- Black shoes sell less in India: Christian Louboutin - Mar 24, 2012
- Glamorous female tennis stars are simply in love with fashion - Jan 10, 2011
- Now, steer clear of 'Cinderella Syndrome' with stumble-free stilettos! - Dec 24, 2010
- Whitney Port feels sexy in stiletto heels - Apr 18, 2011
- How Brazilian wax came into being - Sep 23, 2010
- Pregnant women can wear sky-high heels: Experts - Feb 10, 2011
- Pregnant Lily Allen gives up stilettoes - Sep 27, 2010
- No more heels for Dannii Minogue - Mar 01, 2012
- Marilyn Monore was a simple dresser: Williams - Nov 01, 2011
Tags: ang lee, body hair, cross dresser, feminine side, girlfriend, hairy man, high heel shoes, ibns, initial reactions, jokes, laugh, liev schreiber, naomi watts, nice legs, strange way, strong desire, tall man, transvestite, vanity, woodstock