Liev Schreiber almost got killed while surfingApril 24th, 2009 - 5:59 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 24 (ANI): Actor Liev Schreiber has revealed that he almost dodged death when he got caught in a riptide while learning to surf off the coast of Australia.
Liev, who was holidaying in Australia with lover Naomi Watts, decided to give surfing a try off the coast of Sydney suburb Tamarama.
Though, Liev thought that he could swim out of the riptide, the intensity of the tide proved him wrong, as it almost killed him.
“The stupid thing I did was instead of letting the rip take me and my surfboard out and then swimming back around the top, I said, ‘I can swim out of this…’ I was exhausted. It was like a washing machine. I’ve never experienced a break like it. It was so quick and strong with no room to get out at the end. The break just picked me up and dumped me in the rocks and wouldn’t let me up,” Contactmusic quoted Liev, as telling The Daily Telegraph.
“My leash got tangled around both legs so I couldn’t get my legs out to swim. That’s when I started sucking down water,” Liev added.
“I didn’t move my legs and actually rested underwater and waited until my legs untangled and then floated back up. I got nailed a couple of times. But I didn’t panic and I was able to swim to safety,” he added. (ANI)
- Dog survives after lead gets caught in lift - Jan 25, 2012
- Late parenthood made me more focussed: Watts - Sep 28, 2011
- Naomi Watts values honesty - Feb 25, 2011
- 'Angelina Jolie works her butt off': Liev Schreiber - Jul 29, 2010
- Rihanna spends 15,000 pounds on hair rescue mission - Mar 02, 2012
- Surfer Stephen King has a lucky escape from shark attack - Dec 12, 2011
- Watts wants a baby girl - Sep 08, 2012
- Motherhood toughest job ever: Naomi Watts - Jun 14, 2010
- Hathaway survives on hummus, radishes - Jun 20, 2012
- Champion swimmer Thorpe stays positive despite poor results - Nov 16, 2011
- You all must die, screamed Norway gunman - Jul 24, 2011
- Scarlett Johansson left stunned by Broadway stage invader - May 07, 2010
- Naomi Watts wants a daughter - May 08, 2012
- Schreiber thrilled by Watts' love scene in movie - May 07, 2010
- Actor Dick Van Dyke Rescued by Porpoises! - Nov 10, 2010