Liam Neeson hates bells and bows method of actingSeptember 28th, 2008 - 2:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, September 28 (ANI): Actor Liam Neeson has whip lashed stereotypical methods of actors Daniel Day Lewis and Robert De Niro for adding needless bells and bows to their performances.
Best known for his role Oskar Schindler in the Oscar-winning Schindlers List, the Irish actor was reportedly enraged when co-star Day Lewis insisted on being addressed by his characters name even when they met in a gym.
Actors such as Daniel Day Lewis and Robert De Niro are often held up as this is the way to act but I dont go to bed dreaming and sleeping the character, the Daily Express quoted the actor at Q&A after the premiere of his new crime thriller Taken at Londons British Film Institute.
He said: Im not criticising those guys as actors but sometimes you just have to show up and deliver a speech.
You dont have to pretend to be somebody, I like to think I am enough.
Im not interested in Oh he lost 30 pounds for this role. I dont wanna hear it.
I have to be truthful, whether Im wielding a lightsabre or talking to a bank manager, I dont like to add bells and bows to my acting, the actor added. (ANI)
- Portuguese consul's sacrifice bigger than Schindler's: Filmmaker - Nov 28, 2011
- Maggie to play Liam Neeson's saviour in 'Taken 2' - Mar 21, 2012
- Neeson sparks fury after linking Christ-based Narnia role with Mohammad - Dec 04, 2010
- Ricky Gervais' "Life's Too Short" premieres - Feb 20, 2012
- De Niro to team up with Scorsese again - Mar 08, 2011
- Owen Wilson 'froze' during first shoot with De Niro - Dec 17, 2010
- Liam Neeson on wife Natasha's death: 'It hits me in the middle of the night' - Feb 17, 2011
- I was starstruck when I met De Niro for the first time, says Usher - Oct 29, 2010
- When De Niro disguised himself as homeless man - Mar 03, 2012
- Daniel Day-Lewis to play Abraham Lincoln in Spielberg film - Nov 20, 2010
- Liam Neeson finds love again - Sep 06, 2010
- De Niro's apartment catches fire - Jun 09, 2012
- Robert De Niro to head jury at this year's Cannes Film Festival - Jan 07, 2011
- DiCaprio tried to impress De Niro by being 'menacing' - Dec 06, 2010
- Liam Neeson finally becomes a graduate after 40 years - May 08, 2009
Tags: actor liam neeson, actors, amp, bells and bows, british film institute, co star, crime thriller, daily express, daniel day lewis, irish actor, liam neeson, lightsabre, london, new crime, oskar schindler, robert de niro, those guys, whip