Liam Gallagher sues Noel GallagherAugust 19th, 2011 - 7:37 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Aug 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A legal battle has ensued between brothers Liam and Noel Gallagher. For claiming that his brother’s drunkenness caused the cancellation of the Oasis’ 2009 headline performance at the 2009 V Festival in Essex, Noel has been sued at the High Court.
Liam is not taking the new allegations lying down. The comments were made last month during a press conference to promote the first solo album of Noel. Liam issued a statement shortly after filing the court action against his brother.
The statement said that, “I am used to being called all sorts of things by Noel and I have in the past said things about him. But what Noel has alleged this time went way beyond the rock-and-roll banter and questioned my professionalism… All I want is an apology.”
The relationship between the two brothers has been anything but cordial. The two split in 2009 when the tension reached a boiling point. Their split was one of the biggest in the music industry.
The relationship between the two brothers has not gotten any better. During Noel’s wedding to Sara McDonald earlier this year, Liam was notably absent from the event. A date is yet to be set for the hearing of the case.
- Liam Gallagher to reform Oasis only when he's broke - Jul 31, 2010
- Liam Gallagher 'drops lawsuit' against his brother Noel - Aug 24, 2011
- Liam Gallagher hints at Noel reconciliation - Jan 21, 2011
- 'Beady Eye' to perform at Daltrey's Cancer Benefit Gig - Feb 08, 2011
- Noel Gallagher supports Beady Eye - Dec 04, 2011
- Liam Gallagher re-ignites war of words with brother Noel - Jul 20, 2010
- Noel Gallagher to wed this month - Jun 03, 2011
- Liam Gallagher open for Oasis reunion - Oct 22, 2011
- Liam Gallagher says Noel never helped him protect mum from violent dad - Mar 10, 2011
- Beady Eye more fun than Oasis: Liam Gallagher - Dec 19, 2011
- Yoko Ono mourns Oasis split - Jun 04, 2010
- The Oasis Split Tagged As A "Family Affair" - Aug 29, 2009
- Noel Gallagher heading for solo career - Oct 26, 2009
- Liam Gallagher reveals true story behind Oasis split - Nov 14, 2009
- Gallagher's second album with 'Beady Eyes' - Apr 25, 2011
Tags: all sorts, allegations, apology, banter, boiling point, cancellation, drunkenness, essex, liam and noel gallagher, liam gallagher, mcdonald, music industry, noel gallagher, oasis, professionalism, rock and roll, sara, solo album, two brothers, v festival