Liam Gallagher says Noel never helped him protect mum from violent dadMarch 10th, 2011 - 2:39 pm ICT by ANI
London, March 10 (ANI): Rocker Liam Gallagher has slammed his elder brother Noel for never helping him protect their mum from their violent dad when they were kids.
The Beady Eye star said his former OASIS bandmate and their other brother Paul were too frightened of dad Thomas to support mom Peggy.
“My father beat my mother and the only person who would come between them to protect her was me,” the Sun quoted him as saying.
“Even if I was the youngest out of us - the other two would hide as they were scared. That’s the reason why I was always close to my mum,” he said.
The singer has not spoken to his brother since the guitarist quit OASIS in 2009.
“I don’t have any positive memories of him. He is a very different person to me,” he added. (ANI)
- Noel Gallagher supports Beady Eye - Dec 04, 2011
- Beady Eye more fun than Oasis: Liam Gallagher - Dec 19, 2011
- Liam Gallagher to reform Oasis only when he's broke - Jul 31, 2010
- Liam Gallagher hints at Noel reconciliation - Jan 21, 2011
- Gallagher's second album with 'Beady Eyes' - Apr 25, 2011
- Liam thrives on chaos: Brother Noel - Oct 19, 2011
- Liam Gallagher open for Oasis reunion - Oct 22, 2011
- Liam Gallagher re-ignites war of words with brother Noel - Jul 20, 2010
- Liam Gallagher forms new band 'Beady Eye' - May 26, 2010
- Liam Gallagher says he has heard half of Noel's new album - Jan 06, 2011
- Liam Gallagher vows to be back on stage within two months - Nov 15, 2009
- Liam Gallagher sues Noel Gallagher - Aug 19, 2011
- Yoko Ono mourns Oasis split - Jun 04, 2010
- Liam Gallagher eyes Oasis film after Beatles biopic - Jun 19, 2010
- Gallagher not email savvy - Oct 14, 2011