Letterman receives excellence awardMarch 29th, 2011 - 5:14 am ICT by IANS
London, March 29 (IANS) Talk show host David Letterman has received the highest honour at the first annual US comedy awards.
Letterman was honoured with Johnny Carson Award for Comedic Excellence at the ceremony at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City, March 26, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Although the 63-year-old talk show host received the biggest accolade, his series “The Late Show With David Letterman” lost out to “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart” in the Best Late Night Comedy Series category.
Apart from Letterman, actor Eddie Murphy received Comedy Icon award for his stand-up and movie career which has spanned over three decades.
- David Letterman gets highest honour at US comedy awards - Mar 28, 2011
- Eddie Murphy honored with the 'Comedy Icon' award - Mar 22, 2011
- Eddie Murphy to host 84th Oscar ceremony - Sep 07, 2011
- Eddie Murphy to receive Comedy Icon honour - Mar 22, 2011
- Eddie Murphy to host Oscars? - Sep 05, 2011
- MTV And Comedy Central Pronounce 'The Comedy Awards' To Honor Worthy Comedians - Jan 11, 2011
- Comedy Central now in India - Jan 18, 2012
- Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert renew their contracts with 'Comedy Central' - Apr 21, 2010
- 'Whitney Cummings: Money Shot' All Set To Debut - Aug 16, 2010
- Jon Stewart Accepts An Extension Of His Contract - Apr 21, 2010
- Reason behind Cooper's and Zellwegar's split revealed - Mar 26, 2011
- 2010 Primetime Emmy Winners List, Some Old, Some New, Some Surprises - Aug 30, 2010
- Shania Twain's stalker taken into custody - Mar 30, 2011
- Jon Stewart Gets His Own Back, Slams Rick Sanchez - Oct 04, 2010
- Actor Eddie Murphy to host the 2012 Oscars - Sep 07, 2011
Tags: accolade, asian news, comedy awards, comedy series, daily show with jon stewart, david letterman, eddie murphy, excellence award, hammerstein ballroom, highest honour, indo, johnny carson, jon stewart, late show with david letterman, london march, night comedy, show with david letterman, talk show host, talk show host david, three decades