‘Let’s Design Season 4′ announces 13 finalists (With Image)December 30th, 2011 - 9:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 30 (IANS) Cotton Council International (CCI) has announced 13 finalists for the fourth edition of its “Let’s Design” contest who will compete with each other on a reality show.
Judges Rina Dhaka and Shantanu and Nikhil Mehra have shortlisted Kanika Seth, Ishan Mazumdar, Mehendi Sharma, Umesh Kumar, Riya Mondal, Lalit Senger, Aniket Satam, Kritika Gupta, Astha Narang, Aradhana Dutta, Vaibhav, Mazhar Khan and the surprise entry Dhruv Singh.
“Nikhil and I are delighted to be a part of season four of ‘Let’s Design’. We met some very talented young designers today and it was difficult to select just 13. Based on what we’ve seen so far, I think we can expect some very strong competition in the show,” Shantanu Mehra said in a statement.
“The quality of entries this year were extremely high…I think this just reinforces what an exciting time it is for the Indian fashion and textile industries. It’s also great to see young designers interested in incorporating cotton into their designs and in finding new and innovative applications for cotton,” added CCI representative Agnieszka Fijol.
Let’s Design gives aspiring designers an opportunity to showcase their talent by only using cotton fabrics to design clothes.
The theme for this edition was ‘Design for your icon’ and keeping the theme in mind, contestants submitted a sketch of an original design for their icon along with a concept note.
The selected 13 finalists will now have to remain inside a house named ‘Reality House’ and will compete in a series of challenges specially designed to highlight the many facets of cotton.
The show will be aired on Zoom channel.
- LFW kickstarts with whiff of freshness - Aug 03, 2012
- 86 designers to showcase at LFW Winter fest - Jul 11, 2012
- 138 designers to participate in WIFW autumn-winter 2012 - Jan 27, 2012
- Shantanu-Nikhil impress with 'deforestation' collection - Aug 27, 2010
- Indian weddings have become liberal: Shantanu and Nikhil - Aug 12, 2012
- 'Elizabethan Era' inspires Shantanu-Nikhil (With Image) - Jul 15, 2011
- Designers experiment with cotton as evening wear (With Image) - Mar 15, 2009
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- TV doesn't have many fashion-based shows: Shantanu - May 31, 2012
- Bollywood's young blood to rock IIFA in Singapore (Curtain Raiser) - Jun 06, 2012
- WIFW widens horizon - fuses fashion with social cause (IANS Preview) - Feb 14, 2012
- Jaipur boy wins sixth edition of 'The Debut' - Mar 01, 2012
- Mallya Junior attends LFW show sans Deepika Padukone - Mar 14, 2011
- Get set for the comeback of satin! - Feb 26, 2012
- Rahul Mishra named best womenswear designer - May 08, 2012
Tags: aniket, aradhana, aspiring designers, astha, cotton council international, cotton fabrics, indian fashion, ishan, lalit, mazhar khan, mehendi, mehra, mondal, narang, satam, shantanu, surprise entry, textile industries, umesh kumar, vaibhav