Less is more for Kate WinsletNovember 12th, 2011 - 3:31 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 12 (IANS) Oscar winning actress Kate Winslet, a mother of two, says her beauty rule is to go simple and minimal.
“I like to do my own make-up. I believe in less is more,” dailymail.co.uk quoted Winslet as saying.
“Recently, I wore a simple, black Victoria Beckham column dress with long sleeves and small, gold belt detailing on the front. I knew that a curly hairdo would have completely gone against the dress, so we went for a high sculpted ponytail with a little bit of height in the front. It pulled the whole look together,” she added.
The 36-year-old looked stunning in a recent photoshoot.
“Glamour to me is about remaining graceful and understated. For example, with very bold lip colours, you can’t overdo the rest of your face. With a bright-red party lipstick, just go with lots of mascara and keep everything else clean,” she said.
- Winslet likes 'understated' glamour - Dec 02, 2011
- Bold lip colour makes Portman feel like a clown - Mar 11, 2011
- Bridal makeup: Less is more - Nov 13, 2011
- Witherspoon always carries her make-up kit - Mar 07, 2011
- After royal wedding, Will-Kat partied till early hours (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Aniston gets Decade of Hotness award - Jun 06, 2011
- Summer corporate wear? Try Peter Pan collar or shirtdress (With Images) - Apr 20, 2012
- Kardashian dons Cleopatra look for magazine - Feb 11, 2011
- Bright make-up a big turn-off for men - Jan 06, 2010
- Jessie J's organised life - Oct 16, 2011
- Cameron Diaz shows off bulging biceps - Apr 02, 2011
- Indian women politicians and their hairdos - Aug 28, 2010
- Gaga posts racy picture on Twitter - Jun 27, 2012
- Simple clothes a style statement for Bar Rafaeli - Apr 27, 2010
- Fox goes for weekly facials - Dec 14, 2011