LeRoi Moore the Dave Matthews bad saxophone player dies from ATV wreck injuriesAugust 20th, 2008 - 8:26 pm ICT by David M N James
46 year old Dave Matthew’s saxophonist LeRoi Moore is dead. LeRoi who has been dubbed as a versatile saxophonist whose signature staccato fused jazz and funk overtones onto the eclectic sound of the Dave Matthews Band will be missed by his mates. He died on Tuesday after succumbing to injury complications from injuries he suffered in an all-terrain vehicle accident.
Leroi Moore was confirmed dead at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, where he was undergoing treatment. He was admitted to the medical institution with complications that increased and became serious weeks after the June 30 accident in the all-terrain vehicle. So far the hospital and the band have not established or even told away what was the cause of Moores death. Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center nursing supervisor Galina Shinder said the hospital will not specify what led to Moore death since the details were classified.
Dave Matthews band had a performance on Tuesday night at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, through which Dave Matthews confirmed the death of Leroi Moore to the fans after the first song. “It’s always easier to leave than be left,” Matthews told the crowd. Dave Mathew’s rock band was incepted in 1991 in Charlottesville, Va. Dave Matthews was working as a bartender. The formation of the band went through when Dave showed a demo tape of his songs to Leroi Moore. Leroi liked it and he trained his friend and fellow jazzman Carter Beauford to play drums, and other musicians leading to a big band ‘the Dave Mathew’s band’.
- Dave Mathews Band member, Leroi Moore died - Aug 20, 2008
- Black Eyed Peas to play free concert in NY in June - May 03, 2011
- All-terrain wheelchair for disabled use - Mar 08, 2012
- Over 2 billion people cut off from surgical services - Jul 05, 2010
- Al-K-Traz members hurt in accident - Apr 03, 2012
- Rise in number of US children suffering injuries from using adult-sized ATV's - Apr 05, 2011
- Bariatric surgery cuts long-term cardiovascular risk in diabetics - Mar 31, 2011
- New gene therapy reverses Parkinson's symptoms - Mar 17, 2011
- Five killed in ambulance-truck collision in Haryana - May 15, 2012
- All-terrain vehicles deadlier than motorcycles: Study - Oct 07, 2010
- 'Narnia' producer Peter Moore dies aged 39 - Feb 19, 2011
- Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Lady Gaga face off at Grammys - Dec 03, 2009
- Court reserves order on chopper firm's plea - May 29, 2012
- Steve Jobs to be honoured with Grammy award - Dec 22, 2011
- Former Thin Lizzy Guitarist Gary Moore Dies At 58 - Feb 07, 2011