Leonardo Dicaprio Reads For The Role Of GatsbyOctober 20th, 2010 - 8:51 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
October 20, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): The classic tale of the ‘The Great Gatsby’ by the noted litterateur, F. Scot Fitzgerald might be revisited and made into a full length flick. However, the Oscar winner, Baz Luhrmann, is not really sure whether he will be able to pull off an adaptation of the great classic as yet.
A number of Hollywood stars have already read for the movie even as Luhrmann gets busy holding workshops for his pet project. Leonardo DiCaprio has already read for his part of Gatsby while Tobey Maguire and Rebecca Hall have completed reading for the roles of Nick Carraway and Daisy. Carraway is not the only choice for Daisy though. The names of Amanda Seyfried and Natalie Portman are also being considered for portraying the role of Daisy.
The Australian director is rumored to work in this manner but there is no guarantee that the actors who have been reading for the roles might actually get to play them ultimately, that is, if the movie does take off eventually.
Adapting Fitzgerald’s work into a successful movie might prove to be an onerous task though. As many as three attempts have been made so far to convert the talented novelist’s classic works of fiction into the celluloid but none have managed to succeed.
While Seyfried is not considered to be a bad actress, the presence of Rebecca Hall may actually uplift the entire project making it a successful venture on the way. However, none of the brilliance can help the project in absence of a good script. Luhrmann has made it clear that he would not compromise on quality which is definitely encouraging.
- Leonardo DiCaprio may star in 'The Great Gasby' - Oct 20, 2010
- Leonardo DiCaprio To Act In 'The Great Gatsby'? - Oct 20, 2010
- Carey Mulligan wins coveted role of Daisy Buchanan in 'The Great Gatsby' - Nov 17, 2010
- Carey Mulligan all set to star in the adaptation of 'The Great Gatsby' - Nov 17, 2010
- Isla Fisher likely to star in 'The Great Gatsby' remake - Apr 20, 2011
- Carey Mulligan's 'obsessive' preparation for 'The Great Gatsby' - Dec 07, 2010
- Amitabh enjoying shooting for 'The Great Gatsby' - Oct 14, 2011
- Mulligan denied permission to click 'Gatsby' manuscript - Dec 29, 2011
- I haven't charged anything for 'The Great Gatsby': Big B - Aug 22, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan signs first Hollywood film - Sep 07, 2011
- Prada designs clothes for the 'The Great Gatsby' - Aug 24, 2012
- Thrilled Amitabh is joining 'The Great Gatsby': Baz Luhrmann (Interview) - Sep 08, 2011
- Big B's blink-and-miss role in 'The Great Gatsby' - May 21, 2012
- Amitabh shares 'The Great Gatsby' experience - Oct 15, 2011
- Carey Mulligan Nabs The Coveted Role Of Daisy Buchanan In "The Great Gatsby" Remake - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: amanda seyfried, australian director, bad actress, baz luhrmann, celluloid, entire project, great gatsby, hollywood stars, leonardo dicaprio, men at work, natalie portman, nick carraway, onerous task, oscar winner, pen men, pet project, rebecca hall, scot fitzgerald, tobey maguire, uplift