Leonard Nimoy surprises fans with special Star Trek screeningApril 9th, 2009 - 3:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 9 (ANI): Spock actor Leonard Nimoy gave his fans a pleasant surprise when he screened the new ‘Star Trek’ film for audiences, who had come to watch 1982’s ‘Wrath of Khan’ on April 6.
Sci-fi enthusiasts in Austin, Texas, came to watch the classic film, but they were in for a treat when Nimoy introduced the first public showing of director JJ Abrams’ prequel.
After the film was over, the audience gave a six-minute standing ovation.
One filmgoer revealed that fans were “crying they were so happy.”
Paramount arranged for Nimoy, and the film’s writers and producers, to unveil the film to hardcore fans first.
And the audience from the unexpected screening immediately started posting reviews on Twitter.
In the new film, both Zachary Quinto and Nimoy have played Spock, reports the BBC.
‘Star Trek’, the 11th film in the franchise, is due for release on May 8 and had its official world premiere in Sydney, Australia on April 7. (ANI)
- Leonard Nimoy Will Be Retiring From Acting - Apr 22, 2010
- 'Star Trek' sequel gets title? - Sep 11, 2012
- Big surprise for Star Trek fans - Apr 08, 2009
- Abrams set to discuss Start Trek sequel with Shatner over lunch - Oct 21, 2009
- Zachary Quinto's fingers were glued to get 'Star Trek' salute right - May 08, 2009
- Zachary Quinto dismisses rumours of quitting Star Trek - Jan 30, 2010
- Leonard Nimoy To Retire Soon - Apr 22, 2010
- Star Trek's Leonard Nimoy retires from acting - Jun 20, 2010
- Leonard Nimoy won't reprise Spock role in next Star Trek movie - Apr 21, 2010
- Lost creator unveils first Star Trek film footage - Nov 12, 2008
- Star Trek will be big if Obama becomes Prez, says Zachary Quinto - Oct 17, 2008
- Star Trek boldly goes for a new generation - May 10, 2009
- 'Super 8' superb film (IANS Movie - Rating: ****) - Oct 14, 2011
- Star Trek's 'Spock' to return to small screen as millionaire scientist - Apr 09, 2009
- Star Trek's Mr Spock was designed to be a sex symbol - Jul 15, 2009
Tags: classic film, director jj, fi enthusiasts, filmgoer, hardcore fans, leonard nimoy, new film, new star, prequel, sci fi, special star, spock actor, standing ovation, star trek, star trek film, sydney australia, twitter, world premiere, wrath of khan, zachary quinto