Leona Lewis named Person of the Year by PETADecember 18th, 2008 - 2:23 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 18 (ANI): Leona Lewis has been named Person of the Year by animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
The Bleeding Love singer, who gave up meat when she was 12 years old, was recognised for her commitment to animal welfare she reportedly refused to open department store Harrods” winter sale because the shop sells fur.
“Leona Lewis is admired for her beautiful voice, but it’’s her kindness to animals that makes her a superstar in our book, Contactmusic quoted PETA Europe Director Robbie LeBlanc, as saying.
Earlier this year, the campaign group crowned the ”Run” singer - who is working on an accessories line of vegan shoes and bags - Sexiest Vegetarian.
Last year’’s Person of the Year was Sir Paul McCartney’’s fashion designer daughter Stella McCartney. (ANI)
- Olivia named sexiest vegetarian - Jul 02, 2010
- Mccartney immortalised on PETA Stamp - Nov 29, 2011
- Designer Stella McCartney urges Lohan to quit fur - Jul 20, 2009
- Olivia Wilde voted 'World's Sexiest Vegetarian' - Jul 02, 2010
- Olivia Wilde Voted As The World's Sexiest Vegetarian - Jul 03, 2010
- Leona Lewis to create ethical clothing line - Feb 26, 2010
- Leona Lewis to launch animal friendly fashion range - Nov 23, 2009
- Hollywood-Bollywood come together for vegan cookbook - Jul 03, 2012
- McCartney urges Manmohan to celebrate vegetarianism - Jan 05, 2011
- McCartney gets puppies' photo as wedding gift - Oct 18, 2011
- Mccartney to launch eco-friendly sunglasses - Oct 18, 2011
- Sonu Sood goes shirtless for PETA ad (With Image) - May 11, 2011
- Pink blasts Kanye West's love for fur - Jun 01, 2009
- Stella McCartney urges Lindsay Lohan to give up fur - Jul 20, 2009
- McCartney raises voice to save baby elephant in India (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: animal rights group, animal welfare, campaign group, daughter stella, department store, ethical treatment of animals, fashion designer, fur, harrods, kindness, leblanc, leona lewis, paul mccartney, people for the ethical treatment of animals, person of the year, peta, sir paul mccartney, stella mccartney, treatment of animals, vegan shoes