Lennon’s murderer wanted to kill Taylor, CarsonSeptember 17th, 2010 - 10:44 pm ICT by IANS
Toronto, Sep 17 (IANS) Singer John Lennon’s murderer reportedly had veteran actress Elizabeth Taylor and TV host Johnny Carson on his hit list.
Mark David Chapman, who shot Lennon outside his New York home in 1980, is said to have made the revelations during a hearing with a parole board earlier this month, reports torontosun.com.
“I had a list of people and he was at the top of the list, and he seemed more accessible to me…” he said.
“It wasn’t about them, necessarily, it was just about me. It was all about me at the time… If it wasn’t Lennon, it could have been someone else.”
Chapman wanted to become famous for shooting a big star but his plan backfired - and he regrets the “horrible decision” because it only made him a murderer, according to the legal documents which were released Thursday.
- I thought by killing Lennon I would become somebody, says his killer - Sep 17, 2010
- Elizabeth Taylor, Johnny Carson were also on my hit list: Lennon killer - Sep 17, 2010
- In jail for 31 years, Lennon killer up for parole again - Aug 19, 2012
- "The Beatles" Fans Pay Tribute To John Lennon, Remembers Mark David Chapman - Dec 09, 2010
- The Slayer Of The Revered John Lennon Is Eligible For Parole Again - Sep 07, 2010
- John Lennon murderer denied parole for the 6th time - Sep 08, 2010
- John Lennon's widow says Mark Chapman is still a threat - Aug 06, 2010
- John Lennon's killer denied parole - Sep 08, 2010
- Yoko Ono opposes the parole of John Lennon's killer - Mark David Chapman - Aug 08, 2010
- Yoko Lennon Opposed To Parole For Killer - Aug 08, 2010
- Mark David Chapman Refused Parole Once More - Sep 08, 2010
- Mark Chapman 'signed into protective custody to have sex with wife' - Sep 18, 2010
- Morrissey unapologetic over Norway massacre comment - Jul 31, 2011
- Mark David Chapman denied parole for the sixth time - Sep 08, 2010
- John Lennon's last letter up for sale - Sep 12, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,