Lennon’s iconic look with grandpa-style specs ‘happened by accident’April 27th, 2009 - 1:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 27 (ANI): John Lennon’s signature look with grandpa-style spectacles happened by accident, a Spanish Beatles researcher has claimed.
According to expert Adolfo Iglesias, the Beatle adopted the image during his six-week stay in the city of Almeria, Spain in 1966.
Iglesias said the singer stumbled upon the image when he was hired to star as Private Gripweed in the movie How I Won The War.
“Lennon normally wore contact lenses but in the film they wanted him to use glasses,” the Daily Express quoted Iglesias as saying.
“However, because he wasn’t used to wearing them he kept leaving them lying around between takes and losing them.
“In the end he just decided to keep them on permanently,” Iglesias added. (ANI
- Thirty years on, he's still the real Nowhere Man (Tribute) (Dec 8 is John Lennon's death anniversary) - Dec 07, 2010
- Madrid calling Iglesias - Mar 13, 2012
- Say goodbye to traditional bifocals, welcome electronic spectacles - Jun 20, 2010
- Rare John Lennon pics taken 2 days before his death up for grabs - Oct 26, 2010
- Julio Iglesias wraps up Spain tour - Aug 14, 2012
- Brazilian restaurant to open branches in Mexico, Colombia - Jul 31, 2012
- Syko to compose song for Enrique Iglesias disc - Jul 07, 2012
- I was a bad singer when I started out: Julio Iglesias - Oct 10, 2011
- Yoko plans Lennon's 70th memorial birthday celebration in Iceland - Aug 29, 2010
- John Lennon fans uncover his hidden LSD stash area - Apr 19, 2010
- John Lennon's 'Imagine' microphones up for grabs - Apr 30, 2011
- John Lennon's First Ferrari to be Auctioned - Jan 14, 2011
- Ringo Starr brushes off Vatican's effort to forgive Beatles - Apr 14, 2010
- Prince Charles gets different perspective in 3D - Mar 19, 2010
- John Lennon's killer denied parole - Sep 08, 2010