‘Legend of Holy Thorn in Glastonbury’ set for Hollywood treatmentJanuary 12th, 2011 - 3:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 12 (ANI): Hollywood producers are set to make a film on the Glastonbury legend of Joseph of Arimathea and the Holy Thorn.
‘Glastonbury: Isle of Light’- the 50-mllion-pound budget film- is set for release in 2012 and has been written and produced by Daniel McNicholl with Galatia Films.
The legend relates to Joseph who planted Jesus’s staff into the ground on Wearyall Hill 2,000 years ago.
A tree grew, and it is believed the hawthorn sprouted from a cutting of the tree. It is one of several Holy Thorns planted around Glastonbury.
“This is a British story so I think it needs to be told through British landscape,” the BBC quoted McNicholl as saying.
“We want ancient Glastonbury to be shot in places like the Isle of Man, Ireland, Wales, and Somerset.
“Clearly the topography is much different than it was 2,000 years ago and we will be using digital effects to take out some of the modern buildings, so it is very much a different place,” he added.
Vandals cut down the Holy Thorn on Wearyall Hill in December but efforts are being made to re-grow it. (ANI)
- Forest trees retain memories of their origin - Jul 12, 2011
- 1,124 couples plant trees in MP - Jul 19, 2012
- Small price? 11,500 trees face axe for Metro - Jul 31, 2011
- Glastonbury Festival beckons music lovers to England - Jun 23, 2010
- Trees cut for Holi, green activists despair - Mar 07, 2012
- Jersey and Isles of Scilly row over 'warmest place in Britain' - Apr 11, 2011
- Kerala opposition walks out over tree-felling issue - Mar 08, 2010
- Spiritual group plants 35 lakh trees - May 18, 2012
- Sterlite Industries accused of unlawful deforestation in Chhattisgarh - Dec 18, 2010
- TNT Premieres All New Episode Of "Hawthorne" - Jun 23, 2010
- Holi claims seven lives on Delhi roads - Mar 09, 2012
- This green cover is upsetting residents! (Letter from Punjab) - Jul 03, 2012
- A towering tulsi tree with a Mahabharata twist! - May 21, 2010
- Spring Breakers Urged To Follow Safety Tips In Mexico - Mar 29, 2010
- Colourful but subdued Holi celebrations in Mumbai - Mar 20, 2011
Tags: bbc, british landscape, budget film, digital effects, films, galatia, hawthorn, hollywood, hollywood producers, hollywood treatment, holy thorn, isle of man, jesus, joseph of arimathea, london jan, modern buildings, somerset, thorns, topography, vandals