Ledger’s relatives can’t watch his moviesMay 17th, 2010 - 5:12 am ICT by IANS
London, May 17 (IANS) Oscar-award winning actor Heath Ledger’s mother and sister are still so distraught by the loss of the star, they’ve been unable to watch any of his films since his death in 2008.
“The Dark Knight” actor was found dead in his New York apartment in January 2008, after suffering an accidental overdose.
Starpulse.com reports, his mother Sally Bell and sister Kate celebrated his memory at the Australians in Film Breakthrough Awards in Los Angeles Thursday, when they watched as actor Colin Farrell presented newcomer Bella Heathcote with the second Heath Ledger Scholarship, a fund established in his honour.
But the actor’s relatives confess they can’t bring themselves to see any of his movies, and Kate regularly “talks” to her late brother.
“He is alive in my heart and in my head. Every day I talk to him. (But) we haven’t been able to watch any (of his films),” said Kate.
Bell added: “We find that too difficult.”
Ledger’s last movie, “The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus”, was released last year. The tragic star was halfway through filming when he died, leaving director Terry Gilliam to bring in Farrell, Johnny Depp and Jude Law to complete production as different incarnations of Ledger’s character.
- Heath Ledger’s last role to be played by Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell & Jude Law - Dec 24, 2009
- No takers for Heath Ledger's last film - Mar 13, 2009
- Naomi Watts still too upset to watch ex-beau Ledger's final film - Jun 15, 2010
- Heath Ledger's last film to premiere at Cannes? - Apr 24, 2009
- Colin Farell signed for 'Fright Night' - May 11, 2010
- Ledger's final film "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" gets a buyer - Aug 13, 2009
- Lily Cole owes acting career to late Heath Ledger - Sep 02, 2009
- Gilliam recalls Ledger's last days on 'The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus' set - Oct 29, 2009
- Heath Ledger's last flick to premier at Cannes - Apr 30, 2009
- Garfield takes inspiration from Ledger for Spider Man role - Nov 26, 2010
- When Joker made Batman cry - Jun 06, 2012
- Johnny Depp privileged to replace Heath Ledger in new film - Dec 18, 2009
- Farrell to replace Depp in film on Quixote? - Aug 11, 2009
- Heath Ledger inspired Terry Gilliam to complete fantasy film - May 25, 2009
- Heath Ledger In His Last Role In "The Imagarium Of Doctor Parnassus" - Dec 24, 2009
Tags: accidental overdose, actor colin, actor heath, breakthrough awards, colin farrell, dark knight, director terry, heath ledger, heathcote, imaginarium, incarnations, johnny depp, jude law, mother and sister, new york apartment, oscar award, parnassus, sally bell, sister kate, terry gilliam