Ledger made ”The Dark Knight” a success: NolanJuly 29th, 2008 - 5:53 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, July 29 (ANI): The Dark Knight’’s director Christopher Nolan has said that Heath Ledger deserves all the credit for the film’’s massive box office haul.
In the movie, Ledger plays ”The Joker”, the last full film role he completed before his death in January (08) from an accidental drug overdose.
Speaking at the film’’s Japanese premiere, Nolan said that Ledger is behind the success of the movie.
“(He was) what The Joker in our film would need to be. (We were) looking for an actor with the fierceness, excitement and teeth to do our version of the Joker,” Contactmusic quoted him, as saying.
Christian Bale, who plays Batman in the record-breaking film, also appreciated Ledger.
“It’’s satisfying to see people celebrating the incredible talent of Heath. I just want him to be recognised,” he said in a press conference. (ANI)
- When Joker made Batman cry - Jun 06, 2012
- No replacement for Heath Ledger's Joker role in Batman - Jun 07, 2010
- No replacement of Ledger in 'The Dark Knight' sequel - Jun 08, 2010
- No Joker In "Batman 3"? - Jul 17, 2010
- Unseen footage of Heath Ledger to be used in next Batman movie? - Dec 02, 2010
- Batman 3 movie title revealed - Oct 28, 2010
- 'The Dark Knight' sequel to hit screens in 2012 - May 02, 2010
- Rohan Sippy's film with Ayushmann, Kunaal, goes on floors (Movie Snippets) - Jul 22, 2012
- Anne Hathaway From Tiara To Catsuit In 'The Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011
- 'Dark Knight Rises' Make Batman Fans Expectant - Jan 20, 2011
- No Heath Ledger In Dark Knight Rises - Dec 05, 2010
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' Not The Last Batman Movie For Christian Bale? - Jan 23, 2011
- Actor Tom Hardy To Be In Third Batman Movie - Oct 14, 2010
- Hathaway incredible in 'Dark Knight Rises': Nolan - Jul 11, 2012
- Robin Williams Wants A Role In Next Batman Movie - Jun 30, 2010