LeBron James’ Nike Commercial Is One Of A KindOctober 26th, 2010 - 6:27 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Oct 26, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The new Nike commercial, starring LeBron James has been regarded aS one of the excellent pieces of creativity. Where ESPN said Nike used emotions “stunningly, masterfully, boldly” in the ad, USA Today declared it the “Best LeBron James commercial yet,”. It is not just an endorsement, but has a been emotional construct, that can move not only his fans, but also those who dare to think on the lines as written in the ad.
This ad may be regarded as a ‘rebellious’ ‘mocking’ and a ’satirical’ one, as LeBron James says “What should I do? Should I admit that I’ve made mistakes?” This is not because he does not know what he wants to do, but it reinstates that he would do only that, which he wants to do and he owes to no one. Followed by yet another satirical punch, he says, “Should I be who you want me to be?”. Do not think that he is asking these questions out of guilt or is actually looking for your kind suggestions. His attitude in this ad has the least of these psychological element. It rather sports an attitude, that is rather arrogant and accusative towards those who once rendered him guilty. (We all know that he left Cleveland Cavaliers to play for the Miami Heat, which created a rave amongst his fans and some critics).
His presence in this ad simply seems to reveal what he feels about the decisions he has taken in his life. And although the scripts sounds pretty humble, he does not. Now that is the real essence of all Nike ads. “Just do it” as it says, is for those, who live for themselves and do not worry about the consequences. Signing Lebron James just added the right elements, and he executed it with conviction.
- LeBron James' Nike Commercial Infuriated Cleveland Fans - Oct 27, 2010
- Cleveland Cavaliers Owner Dan Gilbert Says He Does Not "Regret" About The Letter - Oct 28, 2010
- Jesse Jackson Criticizes Dan Gilbert's Open Letter - Jul 12, 2010
- LeBron James Posts Twitter Messages To Show Racist Comments Hurled At Him - Oct 21, 2010
- LeBron James' Faces The Heat - Jul 09, 2010
- Cleveland Cavaliers Fans Boo LeBron James - Dec 03, 2010
- Miami Heat Thrash Cleveland Cavaliers In Historic Game - Dec 03, 2010
- Tom Izzo Stays Put As Spartan Coach - Jun 16, 2010
- Ray Allen Talks Defense Against Miami Heat - Oct 27, 2010
- Cleveland Cavaliers Outplay Boston Celtics - Oct 28, 2010
- Dallas wins NBA finals Game 4 - Jun 08, 2011
- Gordon Brown's 'bigoted woman' gaffe among 'top 10 quotes of 2010' - Dec 15, 2010
- Pat Riley: Man Behind The Big Trio - Jul 09, 2010
- LeBron James to play himself in debut film 'Fantasy Basketball Camp' - Sep 17, 2009
- LeBron James' Jersey Number Would Change? - Mar 05, 2010
Tags: cleveland cavaliers, conviction, creativity, emotions, endorsement, espn, guilt, kar, kind suggestions, lebron james, lebron james commercial, lebron james nike, meena, miami heat, nike, nike ads, nike commercial, psychological element, punch, usa today