Laura Bush Killed a Guy?April 20th, 2009 - 7:33 pm ICT by GD
The animated Fox show “Family Guy” is known to be politically incorrect but they really pushed the envelope with the catch phrase Laura Bush Killed a Guy on their December 7, 2008 show. Lead characters Peter and Lois griffin repeated the phrase a number of times during the show. But what did they base the remark on?
According to public police records, former First Lady Laura Bush, then called Laura Welch, blew a stop sign and was involved in a car crash that killed a friend of hers in a different car. Mrs. Bush’s spokesman Andrew Malcolm released a statement in 2000 when the crash was first spoken about during President Bush’s run for the White House, saying “It was a very tragic accident that deeply affected the families and was very painful for all involved, including the community at large. To this day, Mrs. Bush remains unable to talk about it.”
Mrs Bush had allegedly hit a sedan that was being driven by her 17 year old friend Michael Douglas. Rumors say she might have been criminally negligent, implying that she was driving under the influence of alcohol at the time of the fatal crash. No charges were filed and no evidence was ever recorded.
The Family Guy show, created by Seth McFarlane, has won three Emmy awards and routinely skewers prominent political figures in the country, including linking Sen. John McCain and Gov. Sarah Palin to Nazis. It has mocked slavery, disability, the women’s movement, obesity and many more controversial and sensitive issues on the show earlier.
- Family Guy stirs controversy with Laura Bush killed a guy phrase - Dec 09, 2008
- Wahlberg feels humour in 'Ted' may offend people - Jul 09, 2012
- David Hasselhoff Gets Roasted by Whitney Cummings & Other Pals - Aug 17, 2010
- Family Guy honored with a "Family Guy corn maze" - Oct 11, 2009
- Carlos Slim launches new TV channel on Internet - Jul 18, 2012
- Diaz's mystery man - Jul 21, 2012
- Why are female squirrels promiscuous? - Dec 16, 2010
- Family Guy parodies the movie based on Stephen King's novel, "Three Kings" - May 11, 2009
- The Roast Of David Hasselhoff To Be Headed By Seth MacFarlane - Jul 22, 2010
- Naked British wanderer courts freedom - Aug 11, 2012
- Jay Leno slammed over 'sexist' Christine O'Donnell joke - Oct 07, 2010
- Laura Bush's Accident Controversy Back In Searches Online - Sep 07, 2009
- Kathy Griffin wants a Tony award - Mar 11, 2011
- "The Comedy Central Roast Of David Hasselhoff" All Set To Air On Comedy Central - Jul 22, 2010
- Why female squirrels are promiscuous - Dec 16, 2010
Tags: andrew malcolm, car crash, catch phrase, driving under the influence, driving under the influence of alcohol, emmy awards, fatal crash, first lady laura bush, friend michael, john mccain, laura bush, lois griffin, mrs bush, police records, public police, sarah palin, sen john mccain, sensitive issues, seth mcfarlane, tragic accident