Latino film fest kicks off in New YorkAugust 16th, 2011 - 11:44 am ICT by IANS
New York, Aug 16 (IANS/EFE) The New York International Latino Film Festival (Nyilff), which this year pays tribute to actor Andy Garcia, began Monday with its traditional Cinema Under the Stars, a free outdoor screening.
Nyilff includes conferences, premieres, documentaries, short subjects and concerts.
Scheduled for Thursday is a day dedicated to Andy Garcia with the presentation of “A Conversation with Andy Garcia”, which will delve into his career and achievements as an actor, director, musician, producer and family man.
On that day Garcia will received the Nyilff Impact Award, an honour for artists whose work has had a significant impact on the community.
The Cuban-American actor will be on hand at the festival to present “Magic City Memories”, a prizewinning film of which he was executive producer.
- Andy Garcia feels duty to help young actors - Aug 18, 2011
- NY film festival honours `Maria My Love', `El regreso' - Aug 23, 2011
- Andy Garcia lines up financing for Hemingway film - May 17, 2012
- Andy Garcia to direct film about Hemingway - Mar 05, 2012
- Eva Longoria wants US to protect child farm workers - Mar 28, 2011
- Actor Garcia Bernal prefers comedy - Feb 16, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias wraps up worldwide tour - Nov 06, 2011
- Andy Garcia reflects on freedom in new film - Apr 19, 2012
- Mexican duo rolls out new album - Feb 23, 2012
- Jon Secada calls himself a `workingman of music' - Feb 15, 2012
- Film festival kicks off in New York - Aug 11, 2011
- Cuba scraps rave festival - Aug 08, 2011
- `Ticket to Paradise' takes top prize at Havana Film Fest New York - Apr 17, 2011
- Views of Madrid in Pitbull, Shakira music video - Aug 03, 2012
- Andy Garcia thrilled about shooting in Mexico - Apr 14, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,