Latest Trend In Fashion AccessoriesJune 10th, 2010 - 2:29 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
June 10, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): If you are on a look out for chic accessories to compliment your evening wear, then broad bracelets may be the most obvious choice. It is now time for the big, bold, chunky cuffs to complete your look.
Wide bracelets of gold, silver, diamond, wood and metal are the latest trend now. They are fast replacing the thin bangles. Flaunted by Singer Rihanna, Hollywood actress Nicole Kidman and Bollywood stars Lara Dutta and Sushmita Sen, these broad cuffs have caught the fancy of socialites and college students alike.
Jewellery designer Farah Khan Ali flaunted a self-designed diamond and sapphire cuff in “Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week’ (WIFW) last month. She pronounced them as statement pieces that can be worn singly to grab attention. Lots of women are going for these bold, chunky pieces of metal in various shapes as they are better than wearing lots of other things that nobody notices.
Jewellery designer Shaheen Abbas believes that broad cuffs can be versatile enough to be worn both in the day and night. They make cool and fun statements during day and also add to the sophistication at night. Shaheen suggests wearing them on the forearm instead of wrist.
Gold, silver, diamond, sapphire, emerald, ruby and Swarovski cuffs are among the most popular ones. Kundan cuffs are also available for those who like the Indian regal touch.
According to a spokesperson of the exclusive jewellery brand, Amrapali, broad cuffs with Indian patterns and designs have become massively popular among international buyers, as well as among tourists. He adds that gold and silver plated ones are hugely in demand. But elegant pure gold ones are also being considered.
Anjali Sikka, jewellery designer for Tanishq says that most people go for the kundan and polki designs with enamel or stone embellishments for the weddings, as they look classy.
Validating this, jewellery designer Varuna D Jani puts in a word of caution. He says that other jewelleries should be avoided while wearing cuffs, as in today’s time less is considered to be more! And too much of anything can kill the elegance.
So, the broader the better! Go for these hot and trendy chunky accessories this season in order to enhance your fashion quotient.
- Bracelets - the bigger, the broader, the better - Apr 19, 2010
- Try a kundan choker with that gown (Feature) - Aug 09, 2011
- Gujral's 'Nirvana' an ode to women's inner beauty (With Images) - Aug 17, 2012
- Raveena, Pooja Batra add shimmer to Mumbai jewellery exhibition - Aug 29, 2010
- Designer jewellery lures enthusiasts at an exhibition in Ludhiana - Sep 04, 2010
- Kangana dazzles in Rajasthani jewellery - Aug 01, 2011
- Simpson to launch jewellery collection - Aug 31, 2011
- Bollywood tunes set mood at Pakistan Bridal Week - Dec 19, 2011
- Alpana's 'Ambalika' captures Indian history (With images) - Aug 30, 2011
- Chuck white this summer, don coloured accessories - May 03, 2012
- Shara - a royal jewellery collection by Rachna Kapoor (With Images) - May 22, 2011
- Alpana to showcase garden-themed jewellery at IIJW (With Images) - Aug 02, 2011
- Pink, diamond-studded or steel, cufflinks come to town - Jul 09, 2010
- Men too want diamond-studded rings - Nov 09, 2010
- Forget threads and beads - invest in gold, diamond rakhi (Feature) - Aug 12, 2011
Tags: actress nicole kidman, bollywood stars, cuffs, diamond wood, farah khan, fashion accessories, gold ones, hollywood actress, india fashion week, jani, jewelle, lara dutta, nicole kidman, pure gold, rihanna, silver diamond, socialites, sushmita sen, tanishq, wills lifestyle india fashion week