Latest on Britney Spears meltdownJanuary 5th, 2008 - 6:51 pm ICT by admin
New York, Jan 5 (ANI): Troubled singer Britney Spears is being kept on sedatives, and is resting in the psychiatric unit at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, following her Jan 3 rd stand-off with police at her Beverly Hills home.
A family insider also revealed that the Toxic singer has refused to see any visitors, adding that the request has been agreed by the hospital authorities.
The Los Angeles Police Department officials were called to Spears residence after she refused to relinquish her youngest son, Jayden James, for transportation back to the custody of his father, Kevin Federline.
After a police intervention, the frantic singer was strapped to a gurney and taken by ambulance to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where she is being held for 72 hours to for mental evaluation.
According to sources, once in the hospital, Britney was immediately stripped by security of her clothing, to prevent her from potentially harming herself, following which she was inspected by a psychiatrist.
A hospital insider said that Spears was admitted as a special needs patient, indicating that they have either overdosed or tried to commit suicide.
With special needs patients we watch them so they don’t hurt themselves and watch the people who come visit them to make sure they don’t pass anything to them. So we got a call to go have someone sit with her. None of us wanted to go sit with her, the New York Post quoted the insider, as saying.
The singer is also being blamed for the black-and-blue mark that sent one-year-old Jayden to the hospital along with his mother.
Right now we hear that she is telling the police that the bruise was on Jayden when she got him from Kevin,. However, I have been told that the bruise was caused when Britney pulled Jayden into the bathroom. He was afraid, and she forced him, another source said.
Following the singers hysterical antics, a Los Angeles judge has awarded the “sole legal custody and sole physical custody” of Sean Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1, to Federline, until another hearing on January 14. (ANI)
- Spears to have intimate wedding - Aug 23, 2012
- Spears may share kids' custody with Federline - Apr 18, 2011
- Wedding bells for Britney Spears, Jason Trawick? - Apr 07, 2011
- Britney Spears planning traditional wedding ? - Dec 31, 2011
- Britney Spears regains custody of her children - Apr 18, 2011
- Britney Spears 'to regain custody of her sons' - Apr 17, 2011
- Federline poses with pregnant girlfriend - Apr 06, 2011
- Spears wants full time custody of sons - Nov 25, 2010
- Federline 'really happy' for Spears - Dec 20, 2011
- Britney Spears set to marry again? - Jun 11, 2011
- My kids will be in showbiz: Spears - Sep 21, 2011
- Britney's ex K-Fed defends her over child abuse allegations - Sep 10, 2010
- Britney, Kevin reunite for sons' special day - Jun 27, 2010
- Spears keen on another child - Aug 31, 2011
- Spears, Trawick engaged - Dec 17, 2011
Tags: angeles police department, bruise, cedars sinai medical, cedars sinai medical center, department officials, gurney, hospital authorities, kevin federline, mental evaluation, new york post, police intervention, psychiatric unit, psychiatrist, sedatives, sinai medical center, singer britney spears, sole legal custody, sole physical custody, spears meltdown, youngest son