Late Jackie Onassis’ advice on marriage to young womenJune 1st, 2009 - 4:20 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Jun 1 (ANI): An advice on marriage late Jackie Onassis gave to young women has been revealed in a new book.
The advice she gave sounds like she might have regretted marrying former U.S. President John F. Kennedy and late Greek shipping magnate Aristotle Onassis.
In the book ‘The Gospel According to Coco Chanel’, author Karen Karbo recalls the advice Onassis doled out to a group of young socialites at a literary event held at Boston’s Kennedy Library.
“(She put) a hand on each of our shoulders (and) said, ‘I like to share what I’ve learned with all young women I meet, because I wished I’d have known it at your age — never marry, never mix your money,” the New York Post quoted Karbo recalling one of the girls telling her.
The book will be out in September from Skirt! Books. (ANI)
- Tabloid blanked Ted Kennedy's sexcapades for gossip on Jackie Onassis - Oct 11, 2010
- Play's 'Aristotle behind Kennedy death' claim angers Onassis family - Oct 23, 2010
- Jackie Kennedy Interviews To Be Released - Apr 14, 2010
- The 'truth' about Bobby and Jackie Kennedy's affair - Aug 02, 2009
- Eva Mendes to relive Callas on-screen - May 21, 2011
- John F. Kennedy's wife hated Elizabeth Taylor - Apr 11, 2011
- Jackie Kennedy 'feared JFK would have affair with Liz Taylor' - Apr 10, 2011
- John F. Kennedy's love letters to be auctioned - Feb 18, 2010
- Emma Watson found Chanel apartment overwhelming - Jun 20, 2011
- I can love you without kissing you, wrote teenaged Jacqueline Kennedy - Apr 23, 2011
- Katie recreates heartbreaking moments as Jackie Kennedy - Aug 18, 2010
- Princess Diana's wedding dress voted the best ever - Mar 29, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey is a religious icon, says US professor - Apr 24, 2011
- Lady Gaga speaks about having fun, love and career - Mar 01, 2010
- Ex girlfriend recalls near-fatal kayak trip with J.F.K. Jr. - Mar 03, 2011
Tags: aristotle onassis, boston, coco chanel, greek shipping magnate, jackie onassis, john f kennedy, karen karbo, kennedy library, marriage, money, new york post, one of the girls, president john f kennedy, shoulders, skirt, york jun, young socialites, young women