Late friend inspires Elton John to start familyJanuary 3rd, 2011 - 10:42 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 3 (IANS) Legendary singer Elton John was inspired to start a family after the death of his friend musician Guy Babylon, says Babylon’s wife.John and partner David Furnish welcomed son Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John on Christmas Day via a surrogate mother.
John resisted to Furnish’s pleas of starting a family, but changed his mind after Babylon died of a heart attack in September 2009.
“Elton was there for us right away. He came to the house and said, ‘What can I do? Can I help with anything?’ femalefirst.co.uk quoted Babylon’s wife Kathy as saying. She is also a mother of three children.
“He was really devastated, but he wanted above all to make sure we were okay. He was worried about me and the kids.
“He said nothing else in his life had really hit him like that. He told me then that Guy and our family had inspired him to start a family of his own,” Kathy added.
- Elton John plans for second child - Jan 02, 2011
- Elton John, David Furnish welcome their 1st child - Dec 28, 2010
- Elton John, David Furnish proud parents of son - Dec 28, 2010
- Sir Elton John: My own father let him down - Jan 31, 2011
- No paternity leave for Elton John! - Jan 13, 2011
- Elton John's son gets his breast milk via courier - Apr 26, 2011
- Sir Elton John to go on tour next month - Dec 29, 2010
- Liz Hurley, Sir Michael Caine congratulate first-time father Elton John - Dec 29, 2010
- Sir Elton John talks about newborn son's name - Dec 31, 2010
- Gaga, a caring godmother - Aug 12, 2012
- Elton John speaks for the first time after welcoming baby - Dec 30, 2010
- Sir Elton John admits he may be too old to be a father - Feb 13, 2011
- Elton John buys high-tech baby chair for son - Dec 31, 2010
- Dad Elton John gets tips on tots from Sting - Jan 01, 2011
- Elton John's son will undergo a paternity test - Apr 25, 2011