Late ex-army man’s widow seeks stay on release of film (Lead)December 26th, 2011 - 10:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 26 (IANS) The widow of a late former Indian Army man has approached the Delhi High Court seeking direction to stay the release of film “Zilla Ghaziabad”, starring Sanjay Dutt and Arshad Warsi, alleging that its story wrongly portrayed her husband as a criminal.
Krishna Devi, in her petition Friday, alleged that the upcoming film was based on the life of her late husband Mahender Singh ‘Fauji’. She said she collected information on the film from internet.
“The producer and director of the movie who claim to have based the character ‘Prakash Ghaziabad’ on Mahender Singh ‘Fauji’ have chosen to portray him as a notorious gangster hounded and killed by police,” Krishna Devi said.
Claiming that her husband joined the Indian Army in November 1965 and fought for the nation in the 1971 India-Pakistan war, Krishna Devi sought the court’s direction restraining the release of the movie without her prior consent.
The ex-army man’s widow alleged that the reputation, life and personal liberty of her entire family was adversely affected by the negative projection of the life and death of her husband as a gangster from Ghaziabad.
Krishna Devi alleged classmates of her son passed inappropriate comments regarding his late father and referred to him as the son of a criminal.
The petitioner said that on internet they found a description about the film which said: “…All main characters are based on real-life characters. Arshad Warsi’s role (’an absolute mean character’) is modelled on the outlaw Mahender Fauji…”
The petition alleged that producer of the film did not consider it worthwhile to contact her in order to seek true and correct information or facts before making the movie.
- Late ex-army man's widow seeks stay on release of film - Dec 26, 2011
- Andhra High Court clears 'The Dirty Picture' - Dec 01, 2011
- 24 years on, SRK again woos fans as army man - Sep 06, 2012
- Now a film on rail mafia (Movie Snippets) - Nov 30, 2011
- Minissha Lamba signed for 'Zilla Ghaziabad' - Jun 26, 2011
- Bollywood has no dancing style of its own: Madhuri Dixit (Interview)(With images) - Jun 22, 2012
- 'Dandupalya' not for faint-hearted (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 30, 2012
- Bollywood actor Vidya Balan promotes movie 'Ishqiya' in Mumbai - Jan 31, 2010
- Madhuri signs Bhardwaj's 'Dedh Ishqiya' - Apr 10, 2012
- Funny man Arshad turns baddie (Movie Snippets) - Jun 01, 2011
- Lack of strong script delaying third 'Munna Bhai': Hirani - Apr 02, 2012
- NTR’s Wife Demands Removal Of Few Scenes From Rakta Charitra - Oct 26, 2010
- Kangna plays widow a la Jaya (With Images) - Jun 01, 2011
- Court asks police to book Vidya Balan for obscenity - Dec 08, 2011
- Golmaal 3: A Crazy Gang Of Grown-Up Kids Having A Blast - Nov 09, 2010
Tags: army man, arshad warsi, classmates, delhi high court, fauji, inappropriate comments, india pakistan war, indian army, krishna, life and death, New Delhi, notorious gangster, outlaw, personal liberty, petition, petitioner, reputation, sanjay dutt, upcoming film, zilla