Larry King signs off his trademark showDecember 17th, 2010 - 8:43 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Dec 17 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Larry King is arguably the most successful interviewer in history. He has interviewed more people than any other interviewer in history.
As it is often said, everything will eventually have to end. That is what is happening to Larry King. The renowned interviewer did his last interview last night on CNN and he had a befitting tribute from the American President, Barack Obama.
Obama was very grateful for all the service that King rendered to the people of the United States and beyond. He said that, “I want to join all of you in congratulating Larry King.”
There was a long queue of people that lined up to pay tribute to King. Former President Bill Clinton thanked Larry King for all that he did through his active years. California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger also praised King for the success that he carried on the show throughout all the years.
On the night, Larry King was joined by his family and towards the end of the show, he said that he didn’t believe the show will last that long when it started some 25 years ago. He has granted interview to almost 50,000 personalities, most of whom are celebrities and high profile politicians.
Larry King will be replaced by the British journalist Piers Morgan.
- Piers Morgan replaces Larry King - Dec 16, 2010
- Larry King: Spell At CNN Ends As He Sat With The Signature Mic For The Last Time - Dec 17, 2010
- Piers Morgan Officially Replaces Larry King - Sep 09, 2010
- 2.24 million people tune in to Larry King's last show - Dec 19, 2010
- Piers Morgan exits America's Got Talent judging panel - Nov 11, 2011
- Piers Morgan's CNN Debut Triples The Ratings Of Larry King - Jan 19, 2011
- Simon Cowell Recommends Piers Morgan As Larry King's Replacement For CNN - Jul 05, 2010
- "Piers Morgan Tonight" Primiered With Oprah Winfrey - Jan 18, 2011
- America's Got Talent Judge Piers Morgan to Replace Larry King - Sep 08, 2010
- Piers Morgan Ropes In Oprah Winfrey As Talk Show Guest - Jan 07, 2011
- Larry King Returns to Television in New Sitcom Gig - Jan 13, 2011
- Piers Morgan to take over Larry King's CNN slot? - Jul 14, 2010
- Piers Morgan wants to interview Obama on CNN chat show - Sep 11, 2010
- Larry King Receives A Gala Send Off - Dec 18, 2010
- Piers Morgan likely to host 'Larry King Live' - Jun 13, 2010
Tags: american president, arnold schwarzenegger, barack obama, bill clinton, british journalist, california governor arnold, california governor arnold schwarzenegger, celebrities, cnn, former president bill clinton, governor arnold schwarzenegger, interviewer, larry king, personalities, piers morgan, politicians, president bill clinton, queue, signs, tribute