Larry King Bids Farewell To TelevisionDecember 17th, 2010 - 8:21 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Dec 17 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Encircled by some of his much loved guests, for the last time, Larry King signed off on Thursday night. After a span of 25 years, Larry King’s iconic interview show, ‘Larry King Live’ came to an end.
Guided by protege and friend Ryan Seacrest, it was a star-studded gathering of guests on hand who kept thanking the legend for the several years of his service to the media industry. Donald Trump, Regis Philbin, Brian Williams, Phil McGraw, Katie Couric, Bill Maher and many others were present at the studio as Anderson Cooper and former President Bill Clinton bid him farewell via satellite telecast. President Barack Obama via pre-taped video sent his regards to this great TV personality. As the show was coming to an end, Larry King brought his wife as well as two of his sons. He was treated to a unique presentation by Tony Bennett. The show ended with Larry King sharing his final thoughts. He thanked his audience for enjoying his show for all those years.
Early last June, CNN celebrated the Silver Jubilee of ‘Larry King Live’ that completed 25 years on television. There was a week of shows telecasting all the A-list guests who appeared on the talk show with Larry King. The guests included Bill Gates, LeBron James, President Barack Obama, and Lady Gaga. People would hardly forget his show with Marlon Brando. Then, at the end of the same month, Larry King all of a sudden announced his retirement from the show. He told all his viewers, that it was time to hang up his nightly suspenders. The end of ‘Larry King Live’ is unquestionably a cultural landmark. It is an end of a amazing run. Larry King, remains a pioneer in cable as well as a TV institution.
- 2.24 million people tune in to Larry King's last show - Dec 19, 2010
- Larry King's Finale Episode Attracts Top Ratings - Dec 19, 2010
- Larry King Receives A Gala Send Off - Dec 18, 2010
- After 25 Long Years, Larry King Signs Off For The Last Time - Dec 17, 2010
- Bill Maher Drops N-Word on Larry King Live - Sep 18, 2010
- Larry King signs off his trademark show - Dec 17, 2010
- 'Larry King Live' to end this Fall - Jun 30, 2010
- Cleveland Cavaliers Fans Boo LeBron James - Dec 03, 2010
- Bill Maher Drops N-word In Larry King Show - Sep 18, 2010
- Dallas wins NBA finals Game 4 - Jun 08, 2011
- MasterCard's Ajay Banga to head USIBC - Apr 16, 2012
- Tim McGraw sued - May 19, 2011
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck confronts Bill Maher - Nov 16, 2011
- Larry King returning to TV for sitcom gig - Jan 13, 2011
- Larry King: Spell At CNN Ends As He Sat With The Signature Mic For The Last Time - Dec 17, 2010
Tags: anderson cooper, barack obama, bill maher, cnn, donald trump, former president bill clinton, friend ryan, great tv, katie couric, lady gaga, larry king, larry king live, lebron james, marlon brando, phil mcgraw, president bill clinton, regis philbin, satellite telecast, silver jubilee, tv personality