Larry David in “Whatever Works”June 17th, 2009 - 11:05 pm ICT by GD
Last night Conan O’Brien’s guests on “The Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien” were Larry David and Lauren Conrad and musical guest Gavin Rossdale. It was the the 12th episode of season 1. Larry David commented on Conan O’Brien saying that, “The guy can’t do live TV. Anything but curb is an insult.”
The veteran actor Larry David has been nominated for three Golden Globes, he has won 9 awards and 28 nominations besides. His new movie “Whatever Works” is scheduled to hit the theaters on Friday, June 19. The movie is directed by Woody Allen. Allen had written the script for the film in the 1970s, keeping in mind that he wanted to cast Larry David in the lead.
In the pre- release press conference, the films cast like Woody Allen, Larry David, Evan Rachel Wood and the others sat down to publicly discuss their film. Woody Allen was asked how much improvisations had to be done to a script written in the 1970s to fit in today’s time. In his reply, Allen said that some changes had to be made to the script to make it fit in today’s perspective. Though the base material and the relative context as well as the references remained intact, the social and the political angles had to be updated and refreshed.
The story of “Whatever Works” centers around the lives of Boris and Melody. Boris is a 62 year old man, who is oozing pessimism all around him, like a typical grouch. In to his life, one fine day enters the young and flighty, 20 something Melody. The story is about how the two learn and give from each other and finally fall in love to settle in happy matrimony.
- Conan O'Brien's Talk Show "Conan" Beats Other Late Shows Ratings - Nov 10, 2010
- Emmy Nominations Give Jay Leno A Miss This Year - Jul 09, 2010
- 'Conan O'Brien Can't Stop' documentary screened at SXSW - Mar 15, 2011
- Trailer of Conan O'Brien's documentary out - May 26, 2011
- Conan O'Brien Comes Back With TBS New Show "Conan" - Nov 09, 2010
- Conan O'Brien Recovering After Suffering A Concussion - Sep 29, 2009
- "Tonight Show" with Conan O'Brien - Jun 02, 2009
- Neil Young: Last Episode Guest Of Conan O'Brien - Jan 23, 2010
- Twits claim Harrison Ford appeared 'drunk' on TV - Nov 24, 2010
- Is Conan O'Brien on his way out of 'The Tonight Show'? - Jan 15, 2010
- Conan O'Brien New Late Night Show Opened With A Grand Inaugural Episode - Nov 10, 2010
- TBS is touting Conan O'Brien for an Emmy for his NBC show - Jun 09, 2010
- George Lopez reacts to the cancellation of his show - Aug 11, 2011
- NBC and Conan O'Brien officially part ways - Jan 21, 2010
- Conan O'Brien To Appear In An Interview On '60Minutes' - Apr 29, 2010
Tags: base material, conan o brien, conan o brien s, david evan, evan rachel wood, film woody allen, golden globes, grouch, improvisations, larry david, lauren conrad, live tv, matrimony, one fine day, pessimism, political angles, season 1, tonight show, veteran actor, woody allen