Lara, Mahesh get blessings galore for babyJanuary 20th, 2012 - 8:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 20 (IANS) Bollywood celebrities like Bipasha Basu, Neil Nitin Mukesh and Rahul Bose sent out congratulatory Twitter notes to actress Lara Dutta and tennis ace Mahesh Bhupathi, as the couple welcomed a baby daughter here Friday afternoon.
The 33-year-old former beauty queen, who married Bhupathi in February last year, is fine, and the baby is healthy, said a source close to the actress.
Bhupathi, who always wished for a daughter, is elated with the baby. But he wasn’t with Lara when she delivered, as he was in Melbourne playing in the Australian Open. It was definitely his lucky day as he won the first round of the mixed doubles with Sania Mirza.
Bhupathi took to Twitter to announce his little angel’s birth. “ITS A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” he tweeted, following which several celebrities began sending out their good wishes to the couple and the newborn.
Here’s what the celebrities had to say:
Bipasha Basu: Congratulations to Lara and Mahesh for having a baby girl! Wow.
Neil Nitin Mukesh: Congratulations to my dear Mahesh Bhupathi and darling Lara on the arrival of the princess. God bless you all.
Ken Ghosh: Congrats Mahesh and Lara! It’s a girl.
Rahul Bose: Huge congratulations to Lara Dutta and Mahesh Bhupathi, the proud parents of a baby girl. To top that, Mahesh won his match today! Australian Open.
Sophie Choudry: Super news! Congratulations Mahesh Bhupathi and Lara Dutta on the arrival of your little princess. Big hug and God bless.
Neha Dhupia: Congratulations to the lovely couple Mahesh Bhupathi and Lara Dutta on the arrival of their little princess! Lots of happiness, always.
Celina Jaitly: I am so happy for Lara Dutta and Mahesh Bhupathi. Blessed with a little angel girl.
- It's a boy for Shilpa Shetty - May 21, 2012
- Movie promotions like election yatras, says SRK (Movie Snippets) - Dec 15, 2011
- Warm B-town welcome for Abhi-Ash's daugther - Nov 16, 2011
- Bollywood floods Riteish with B'day wishes - Dec 17, 2011
- Friends greet Ajay, Kajol on the birth of their son - Sep 13, 2010
- Congrats Mrs and Mr Deshmukh, tweets B-town - Feb 03, 2012
- Abhishek turns 36, B'wood says happy b'day - Feb 05, 2012
- Bollywood cheers India's 'classy' victory - Mar 31, 2011
- Mahesh Bhupathi 'Skypes' with newborn - Jan 21, 2012
- Sanjay, Maanyata become proud parents of twins - Oct 21, 2010
- Konkana, Ranvir blessed with a son - Mar 16, 2011
- Bollywood wishes Happy Friendship Day - Aug 07, 2011
- Mom is the best, says Bollywood - May 08, 2011
- It's a girl for Lara, Mahesh! - Jan 20, 2012
- Bollywood brigade wishes 'Happy Raksha Bandhan' - Aug 13, 2011
Tags: angel girl, arrival of the princess, australian open, baby daughter, beauty queen, bipasha basu, bollywood celebrities, ken ghosh, lara dutta, little angel, little princess, lucky day, mahesh bhupathi, neha dhupia, nitin mukesh, proud parents, rahul bose, sania mirza, sophie choudry, tennis ace