Lara Dutta receives the Rajiv Gandhi AwardAugust 19th, 2008 - 2:00 pm ICT by admin
Lara Dutta who started her career in modeling after winning the Gladrags Super Model and subsequently winning Miss India and then Miss Universe in 2000, made a promise to do more for the betterment of society.
In 2001, Lara Dutta was made the Goodwill Ambassador for United Nations Population Fund. Since then she has worked on different projects from their end involving educating people on the subject of AIDS and has helped raise global awareness of women’s lack of rights and access to reproductive health services in India.
This year, 2008, she has also been given this prestigious award for her above involvement along with her contribution to the field of entertainment by giving outstanding performances in her movies like Partner, Jhoom Barabar Jhoom, Zinda, No Entry, etc.
- Mahesh Bhupathi has fingers crossed for a daughter - Dec 13, 2011
- Who says models can't act? - Aug 08, 2011
- Lara in the family way, Abhishek wishes her - Aug 02, 2011
- I'm definitely producing another film in May: Lara - Dec 29, 2011
- Lara roots for Paes-Bhupathi - Jan 28, 2011
- Big B admires Preity's guts, drive - Jun 20, 2012
- Celina returns to work post delivery - May 02, 2012
- Vasuki Sunkavalli out of Miss Universe race - Sep 13, 2011
- Forbes list eludes as Indian models fight odds - Jul 08, 2011
- Lara Dutta Gets Engaged To Mahesh Bhupathi In New York - Sep 20, 2010
- I love dancing: John Abraham (Movie Snippets) - Nov 19, 2011
- Being beauty queen is about having character: Sushmita Sen - Jul 02, 2011
- Interesting Facts and Figures: Lara Dutta - Mar 24, 2009
- Who is sexiest bachelor - Saif or Shahid? (Movie Snippets) - Aug 12, 2011
- Lara, Mahesh get blessings galore for baby - Jan 20, 2012
Tags: global awareness, goodwill ambassador, lara dutta, miss india, miss universe, nations population fund, prestigious award, rajiv gandhi award, reproductive health services, united nations population fund