Lara Bingle pardoned for copping driving demerit points?March 26th, 2011 - 6:11 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 26 (ANI): Australian model Lara Bingle will most likely escape being penalised even after she publicly said that she had lost her licence after copping driving demerit points for unnamed friends.
According to the Daily Telegraph, Bingle, 23, who later claimed she was joking, came under a Roads and Traffic Authority investigation over her gaffe on live radio on March 24.
“It is a criminal offence to provide false or misleading information when nominating another driver for an offence,” the Herald Sun quoted an RTA spokesman as saying.
“Penalties for making a false statutory declaration are severe and a conviction could lead to a fine, jail or both.
“This can apply to both the licence holder nominating another driver and the driver who has falsely elected to take responsibility for the offence.
“But it is inappropriate to comment on specific cases or allegations,” he added.
Bingle will get her licence back next month after losing it in December due to a demerit points. (ANI)
- Lara Bingle lets slip on-air she took her friends demerit points - Mar 25, 2011
- Cops to look at Lara Bingle's driving records after demerit points joke - Mar 27, 2011
- Lara Bingle 'back on track after bad year' - Feb 06, 2011
- Lara Bingle says bikini-babe is not her cousin - Nov 13, 2010
- Is Bingle forging a relationship with Sportsgirl after flat Speedo campaign? - Mar 23, 2011
- Uncertainty looming over Lara Bingle's Speedo contract - Nov 28, 2010
- 'Koffee With Karan 3' Had Lara Dutta And Mahesh Bhupati Rocking The Show - Jan 17, 2011
- Is Bingle planning a romantic rendezvous in UK with Derulo? - Feb 13, 2011
- Rachael Finch scared Lara Bingle might steal her boyfriend? - Mar 29, 2011
- Lara Bingle lands $250K Speedo deal - Jul 29, 2010
- Lara Bingle, Jason Derulo 'hook-up' in Las Vegas - Jan 05, 2011
- Cousin gives Lara Bingle a run for her money - Nov 12, 2010
- Lara Bingle uses payout from ex-fiance Michael Clarke to buy $880K home - Sep 16, 2010
- Lara Bingle hoping for a more upbeat 2011 - Dec 26, 2010
- Lara Bingle 'signs deal with photo agency' - Feb 26, 2011
Tags: allegations, australian model, conviction, criminal offence, daily telegraph, driving demerit points, gaffe, herald sun, licence holder, live radio, melbourne, roads and traffic, roads and traffic authority, spokesman, statutory declaration, unnamed friends