Lara Bingle goes from glamorous to grungeApril 17th, 2010 - 6:07 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, April 17 (ANI): Australian model Lara Bingle is said to have gone from looking glamorous to sporting a grunge look ever since her break-up from cricketer Michael Clarke.
According to Confidential, Bingle, 22, has been forced to sever her professional ties with personal stylist and good friend Christine Centenera, the woman who single-handedly propelled her from Shire babe to style icon.
Centenera, the super savvy fashion editor of Harpers Bazaar magazine, is referred to in Sydney fashion circles as “Australia’s answer to Rachel Zoe”, and she has dressed Bingle in every label from Chanel to sass & bide since 2008.
But Centenera’s styling services, for which she was paid an impressive monthly retainer, have been chopped by Bingle as part of a cost-cutting lifestyle change following her split from former fiance Clarke.
“Of course they are still friends and (Centenera) will help her when she can, but nowhere near how it used to be,” the Daily Telegraph quoted a source as saying.
Almost a year ago, Bingle was seen on the MTV Awards red carpet in head-to-toe Louis Vuitton, an outfit that was straight off the cover of that month’s Vogue.
Last month she was photographed leaving the Cricket Australia head office wearing a men’s business shirt over shorts and her staple style has recently been shorts and a T-shirt.
“Bingle still has a lot of clothes, lots that were given to her over time, but she’s missing out on the latest trends,” the source added.
Centenera was not available for comment on April 16. (ANI)
- Lara Bingle parts way with new manager - Feb 19, 2010
- Lara Bingle poses for Speedo's swimwear - Nov 11, 2010
- Wedding bells for Lara Bingle, Michael Clarke? - Dec 27, 2009
- After Australia, Lara Bingle eyes NYC to revive modelling career - May 25, 2010
- Its Baby Time For Fashionista Rachel Zoe! - Nov 20, 2010
- Pregnant women can wear sky-high heels: Experts - Feb 10, 2011
- Lara Bingle 'not welcome' at Rosemount Australian Fashion Week - May 05, 2010
- Lara Bingle's new job: mag's online reporter - Apr 24, 2010
- Fashionista Rachel Zoe Affirms That She Is Pregnant Through Twitter - Nov 20, 2010
- No maternity wear for stylish Garner - Nov 10, 2011
- Nathan Bracken's wife steals limelight with 'nude' dress - Feb 16, 2010
- Online shopper Rachel Zoe - Dec 04, 2011
- Bingle opens up about split with Clarke - Nov 07, 2010
- Michael Clarke-Lara Bingle relationship on the rocks? - Nov 29, 2009
- Is Bingle forging a relationship with Sportsgirl after flat Speedo campaign? - Mar 23, 2011
Tags: australian model, bingle, business shirt, cricket australia, daily telegraph, fashion circles, fashion editor, friend christine, harpers bazaar magazine, latest trends, lifestyle change, melbourne april, michael clarke, mtv awards, personal stylist, professional ties, rachel zoe, red carpet, retainer, style icon