Lana Stewart: Farrah’s Angel By Her SideMay 16th, 2009 - 6:47 pm ICT by GD
Perhaps nothing quite stirs collective public sympathy as much as, a silver-screen goddess forced to face the greatest leveler of all: mortality. And reaction to Farrah Fawcett’s condition was no exception. It doesn’t take a spiritual epiphany to figure out that suffering does in fact come to all, but not everyone is fortunate enough to have their very own guardian angels standing right by their side.
In erstwhile “Angel” Farrah’s case,they came in the form of her long time partner and friend Ryan O’Neal and best friend Alana Stewart. Eversince the 62-year-old former “Charlie’s Angel” Farrah Fawcett was diagnosed with cancer that now seems to have spread to her liver as well, O’Neal and Stewart have been there for her all through her ordeal.
Alana’s friendship with Fawcett spanning three decades, began in the 1970’s when the two young, wannabe actresses from Texas, were looking to break into the movie business. The resulting friendship not only lasted through the years, but came through for Farrah in her darkest hour of emotional need. The latest addition to the moving tale of friendship in the face of adversity,comes in the form of the video diary “Farrah’s story”, a chronicle of Farrah’s struggle against cancer, that showcases her “incredible strength” (in the words of Alana Stewart).
Having premiered in Beverly Hills and slotted to air on NBC, this inspiring visual journal of the triumph of spirit against seemingly unsurmountable odds has been filmographed by Alana herself. Intended initially as merely a personal record, it went on to become a success story, following the overwhelming response it generated. All the while, while Alana stood by her best friend hoping and praying for miracle to save this angel.
- Charlie's Angel Kate Jackson was banned from seeing Farrah Fawcett - Feb 15, 2010
- O'Neal slams allegations he cheated on Fawcett with Stewart - Jul 16, 2009
- Ryan O'Neal finds new love - May 27, 2010
- Alana Stewart & Ryan O'Neal bedside as Farrah Fawcett dies - Jun 26, 2009
- Farrah Fawcett's iconic red swimsuit to become a museum piece - Feb 03, 2011
- "Charlie's Angels" star Farrah Fawcett dead at 62 - Jun 26, 2009
- Farrah Fawcett's Funeral Was Held Yesterday:Photos Available Online - Jul 01, 2009
- Cancer-stricken Fawcett's documentary attracts 8.9M viewers - May 18, 2009
- Ryan O'Neal still grieving Fawcett's death - Jun 25, 2010
- Fawcett's best pal defends O'Neal over cash greedy claims - Aug 14, 2009
- Farrah Fawcett's cancer battle special to be telecast next week - May 06, 2009
- Farrah Fawcett Has Passed Away - Jun 26, 2009
- New charity building in Farrah Fawcett's memory - Jun 25, 2010
- 'Charlie's Angels' co-stars mourn Farrah Fawcett's death - Jun 26, 2009
- Farrah Fawcett and Ryan O'Neal to marry - Jun 23, 2009
Tags: adversity, alana stewart, darkest hour, emotional need, farrah fawcett, friend ryan, guardian angels, lana, latest addition, leveler, ordeal, overwhelming response, personal record, public sympathy, ryan o neal, screen goddess, silver screen, three decades, time partner, video diary