Lana Clarkson murder case: Phil Spector sentencedMay 30th, 2009 - 7:58 pm ICT by GD
Phil Spector, the sixty nine year-old music producer, has been sentenced to nineteen years of imprisonment (which virtually translates into life imprisonment for the sixty-nine year-old) for the murder of actress Lana Clarkson (who was forty years of age at that time) in his home in 2003. Clarkson was shot through her mouth. The sentence is in two parts, fifteen years for the second degree murder and four years for the possession of a gun. Spector is planning to appeal against the verdict.
The verdict was pronounced in Los Angeles. Phil was immediately moved away and he will be transferred from a county jail to a state prison. Phil had pleaded not guilty and no emotion was displayed on his face.
Spector was never a very popular guy in the music scene. He was not a singer or performer but a music producer. However, what has earned him acclaim in the music industry is the “wall of sound” recording technique, which was popularized by him.
Before the sentence was pronounced, Lana’s mother spoke briefly about her daughter. She spoke of her daughter’s sense of humor, her intelligence and her passion for acting. Spector’s son Louis was also present for most of the trial proceedings. Louis reportedly said that he was afraid to lose his father but that “at the same time, justice is served.”
Spector’s fateful meeting with Lana killed her and cost him greatly too. There was no eyewitness to the murder and in the last six years Phil has spent million to prove that Lana shot herself.
- Mirren replaces Midler in Spector biopic - Jul 20, 2011
- Phil Spector conviction upheld - May 04, 2011
- Phil Spector murder conviction upheld - May 03, 2011
- Al Pacino to play notorious producer on TV - Oct 10, 2010
- Al Pacino 'to play Phil Spector in a movie' - Oct 09, 2010
- Phil Spector Convicted as Wife Rachelle Spector Breaks Down - Apr 14, 2009
- Music producer Phil Spector sentenced to 19 years in jail - May 30, 2009
- Phil Spector' lawyers appeal to overturn murder conviction - Apr 13, 2011
- Music producer Spector convicted for murdering actress - Apr 14, 2009
- Phil Spector sentenced to 19 years jail for Lana Clarkson murder - May 30, 2009
- Phil Spector found guilty of killing actress - Apr 14, 2009
- Phil Spector to serve 19 years in prison for actress' murder - May 30, 2009
- Phil Spector thinks he will die in "snake pit" jail - Aug 20, 2009
- The Accused of the Lana Clarkson Murder goes Free - Mar 25, 2009
- Phil Spector transferred to new prison - Jun 06, 2009
Tags: county jail, emotion, fifteen years, forty years, Lana Clarkson, lana clarkson murder, life imprisonment, murder case, music industry, music producer, music scene, nineteen years, old music, phil spector, popular guy, second degree murder, sense of humor, state prison, trial proceedings, wall of sound recording technique