Lalu offers prayers at Vaishno Devi shrineApril 7th, 2008 - 2:04 pm ICT by admin
Jammu, Apr 7 (ANI): Union Railway Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav today offered prayers at Vaishno Devi shrine in Jammu and Kashmir.
According to official sources, Lalu along with his family members offered prayers at the shrine, which is located at an altitude of 5200 feet and a distance of approximately 12 kilometres from Katra.
The Minister, left for Vaishno Devi on Sunday evening, after flagging off the ‘Garib Rath’ train between Jammu and Kathgodam.
At the ceremony, Yadav said the launch of the train would facilitate better connectivity in the region.
Lalu also laid the foundation stone for the electrification of the Jammu and Suchi Pind section. (ANI)
- Vaishno Devi pilgrimage suspended due to forest fire - Jun 23, 2012
- Vaishno Devi pilgrimage resumes after forest fire (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Heavy rush of pilgrims to Vaishno Devi shrine - May 15, 2012
- Record 10 million pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi shrine (Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Now, ropeway for pilgrims to Vaishno Devi shrine - Sep 23, 2011
- Record pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi - Dec 25, 2011
- Vaishno Devi Gurukul gets affiliated to Varanasi varsity - Sep 11, 2012
- Lalu flags-off 'Garib Rath' train between Jammu and Kathgodam - Apr 06, 2008
- Vaishno Devi shrine has record 10 million pilgrims - Dec 28, 2011
- Land slips on Vaishno Devi shrine route to be checked - Feb 12, 2011
- Over five million pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi till June - Jul 04, 2012
- Five killed in Jammu bus accident - Jun 09, 2012
- Sreedharan on Vaishno Devi Board - Mar 27, 2012
- Two Kashmir wrestlers to compete in Pakistan (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Devotees throng Vaishno Devi temple on New Year Eve - Jan 01, 2010