Lakme Fashion Week: Anita Dongre Prefers Rajasthani Dancers To Mallika Sherawat!December 4th, 2010 - 6:09 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
On this, the designer said that Mallika was invited to attend the event only as guest. Dongre rather preferred two Rajasthani dancers to showcase her designs as the showstoppers. The designer said that the two dancers were wonderful on the ramp and they came all the way from Jaipur.
It seems that Dongre either did not want any celebrity to present her designs or she could not afford Mallika! However, the Hisss star was flaunting Dongre’s summer collection at the occasion. Dongre informed that Mallika’s attire was from her summer 2011 collection. The actress was seen flaunting a yellow organic cotton federate dress.
Dongre used embroidery very cleverly on necklines and cuffs. She used glittering gold and silver in her winter collection. The highlights of the collection were raglan-sleeved cowl-neck outfit, figure-hugging sexy silhouettes and a simple elegant printed sheath.
Her designs were all inspired from Rajasthan so her choice of Rajasthani dancers was quite apt for the occasion. Dongre was herself wearing a bandni dress, which is also inspired by Rajasthan. Her show aimed to promote Rajasthan’s folk culture. She wants to give recognition to the Rajasthani folk artists through her shows and believes they deserve to be highlighted.
- Mallika Sherawat adds glamour to Lakme Fashion Week - Sep 17, 2010
- From traditional to sexy - Holi clothes get stylish makeover - Mar 16, 2011
- Shabana Azmi cheers for Anita Dongre at WIFW - Oct 12, 2011
- Kirron walks the ramp, adds film flavour (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- Rosario Dawson flaunts Amit GT's design (With Images) - Aug 22, 2012
- Women make style statements with hats at royal wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Designer Anita Dongre launches menswear line - Mar 26, 2012
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- Pippa Middleton: Playing the perfect maid of honour - Apr 29, 2011
- 'I AM' team present at Anita Dongre's LFW show - Mar 14, 2011
- Gulabo Sapera skips WIFW ramp walk - Feb 17, 2012
- Now, Archana Kochhar designs for metrosexual men (With Image) - Apr 05, 2012
- LFW witnesses Bollywood glamour galore - Sep 21, 2010
- LFW's new high on Bollywood glamour quotient (Lead) - Sep 21, 2010
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
Tags: actress, anita dongre, cowl neck, cuffs, dancers, embroidery, fashion week, folk artists, folk culture, gold and silver, jaipur, mallika sherawat, necklines, organic cotton, rajasthan, ramp, sexy silhouettes, sheath, showstoppers, winter collection