‘Laila’ wasn’t for me: Sameera ReddyApril 21st, 2012 - 6:02 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 21 (IANS) Actress Sameera Reddy has cleared the air surrounding the item song “Laila” from her forthcoming film “Tezz”, and says she was never supposed to groove to the item number.
“Unfortunately, me and my lovely producer Ratan Jain have been dragged into this controversy for no reason. I think I need to clarify that being the heroine of the film and the kind of character that I have, there was no song that was for my character,” Sameera said here.
There were reports that Sameera is upset with producer Jain, who is said to have replaced her with Mallika Sherawat in the song “Laila”. Jain was also reported to be upset with Sameera.
But, from what Sameera says, there was no problem between them.
The 29-year-old clarifies that the song was made to promote the film and not vice-versa.
“Whether it’s me or Mallika or anybody, I always say that ‘Tezz’ is a very good product and it is a very good film. The news about the song is promoting the song more than the film. I am not happy about it because ‘Tezz’ is what I am promoting, not the song,” said Sameera.
“Tezz” also features Anil Kapoor, Ajay Devgn, Boman Irani and Kangna Ranaut. Directed by Priyadarshan, the film is slated to release April 27.
- I've no issues with Sameera Reddy: 'Tezz' producer - Apr 04, 2012
- Watch 'Tezz' for fast paced action (IANS Preview) - Apr 24, 2012
- Sameera is the hero of 'Tezz': Ajay Devgn (With Images) - Apr 15, 2012
- Eros to distribute 'Tezz' in India - Apr 14, 2012
- I did 'Tezz' only for Priyan: Mohanlal - Apr 17, 2012
- Bollywood for newcomers, says Mohanlal - Apr 19, 2012
- People are tired of film promotion: Anil Kapoor - Apr 16, 2012
- Good to maintain gap between similar films: Anil - Apr 23, 2012
- 'Tezz': a slick action film with engaging thrills (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Apr 28, 2012
- Ajay tells Anil who's 'Tezz' on F1 track - Apr 24, 2012
- Priyadarshan a wonderful director: Hollywood action expert (With Images) - Apr 18, 2012
- Priyadarshan is very demanding: Zayed Khan - Apr 20, 2012
- 'Tezz' makers in tizzy over work permits - Oct 02, 2010
- Anil-Ajay action sequence in 'Tezz' put on hold - Jun 13, 2011
- Two decades on, Ajay still wants to experiment - Apr 23, 2012