Laila Khan murder: Tak’s police custody extended (Lead)July 19th, 2012 - 8:22 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 19 (IANS) A Mumbai metropolitan court Thursday extended till July 23 the police remand of Parvez Tak, a suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba extremist and step-father of murdered Bollywood starlet Laila Khan.
Tak, a native of Jammu and Kashmir’s Kishtwar town, about 230 km from Jammu, was arrested June 21 after Laila Khan’s vehicle was found in that town.
Jammu and Kashmir Police July 7 handed him over to the Mumbai police for questioning, following which he was brought to Mumbai the next day.
On July 11, the Mumbai police’s crime branch recovered six skeletons within the premises of the starlet’s farm house in Igatpuri near Nashik, around 130 km from Mumbai.
Tak, charged with kidnapping and killing of Laila Khan and her family, confessed to the murders and led the Mumbai police team to the Igatpuri farm house where the six skeletons were found, police said.
Tak also took help of the watchman of the bungalow whom he had hired two months before the killing, police said.
Besides Laila Khan, 30, other victims whose skeletons were recovered at the farm house most likely were her mother Selina, 52, her sisters Zara, 25, and Azmina, 32, brother Imran, 25, and cousin Reshma Khan, 19, police said.
Preliminary forensic reports revealed that five of the six skeletons were those of women.
Pieces of jewellery, some synthetic clothing and underclothing were found on the skeletons. However, the final forensic reports would ascertain if the skeletons were those of Laila and her kin, police said.
- Laila Khan murder: Tak sent to judicial custody - Jul 23, 2012
- Murder saga resolved with discovery of six skeletons (Third Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Murder saga resolved, six skeletons found (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Six skeletons found in missing starlet's villa (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Searches continue at missing Bollywood starlet's villa - Jul 11, 2012
- Mystery continues over missing actress Laila Khan (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Laila Khan's father dismisses claim on her killing - Jul 05, 2012
- Human remains found near Laila Khan's country villa - Jul 11, 2012
- Court rules out CBI probe into Laila Khan murder - Jul 26, 2012
- Missing starlet's step father handed over to Maharashtra police - Jul 07, 2012
- Missing starlet's stepfather remanded to police custody (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Actress Laila Khan killed with family, says stepfather - Jul 05, 2012
- Missing starlet's step father brought to Mumbai - Jul 09, 2012
- Maharashtra government set to face opposition ire - Jul 08, 2012
- Elderly women's murder case solved, five arrested - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: crime branch, extremist, forensic reports, imran, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kishtwar, laila, lashkar e taiba, metropolitan court, mumbai police, nashik, parvez, police custody, police remand, police team, reshma khan, skeletons, starlet, watchman