Lady Gaga’s ‘Born This Way’ banned in LebanonJune 7th, 2011 - 7:37 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Beirut, June 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Lady Gaga’s new album “Born This Way” has been banned in Lebanon. The country’s authorities consider the song too vulgar religiously and as a result given the directive that the song should not be allowed into the country.
Reports say multiple shipments of the album have already been seized in the country. This is not the first time that the government in Lebanon has barred its teeth at the current work of the controversial singer. When the track “Judas” was released ahead of the final release of the album, the country banned its radio stations from playing the song in the country.
Apart from the Lebanese government, the Catholic Church is also a major critic of the latest work of Lady Gaga especially the track “Judas.” When the video of the track was released just ahead of the Easter weekend, the Catholic Church came out fuming.
Catholic League President Bill Donohue issued a statement on the issue saying that, “This is a stunt… Lady Gaga tries to continue to shock Catholics and Christians in general: she dresses as a nun… she swallows the rosary. She has now morphed into a caricature of herself.”
“Born This Way” has already gone platinum in the United States.
- Lady Gaga 'shock tactics' in new song Judas upsets Catholic leaders - Apr 17, 2011
- Gaga's new single 'Judas' upsets catholic campaigners - Apr 12, 2011
- Lady Gaga upsets Catholics with new single 'Judas' - Apr 11, 2011
- Gaga's album banned in Lebanon - Jun 04, 2011
- Lady Gaga gifts a sheep to Jonathan Ross - Oct 12, 2011
- Lady Gaga's single 'Born This Way' releasing on Friday - Feb 11, 2011
- Lady Gaga releases 'The edge of glory' - May 10, 2011
- Lady Gaga sued over 'Judas' - Aug 06, 2011
- Lady Gaga reveals that there are no duets on 'Born this way' - Mar 09, 2011
- Lady Gaga releases 'Judas' four days early after song leaked online - Apr 16, 2011
- Salim-Sulaiman launch Lady Gaga photo exhibition - Jun 18, 2011
- Lady Gaga's 'Born this way' to release on Friday - Feb 11, 2011
- Lady Gaga reveals that she is dreaming about the devil - Feb 22, 2012
- Madonna appreciates Gaga for copying song - Jan 14, 2012
- Gaga pays tribute to McQueen in new album - May 24, 2011
Tags: authorities, beirut, caricature, catholic church, catholic league president bill donohue, catholics and christians, controversial singer, easter weekend, judas, lady gaga, league president bill donohue, lebanese government, lebanon beirut, new album, platinum, president bill, radio stations, rosary, swallows, teeth