Lady Gaga turned blonde to avoid being mistaken for Amy WinehouseJune 15th, 2009 - 12:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 15 (ANI): Singer Lady Gaga has admitted that went for the blonde look to avoid her resemblance with troubled pop star Amy Winehouse.
The 23-year-old was shocked when an interviewer asked her questions thinking she was the ‘Rehab’ hitmaker.
The ‘Poker Face’ singer insists that she wants to be known for her own style.
“Amy is a badass but I want to be known for my own look,” the Sun quoted Lady Gaga as saying.
Gaga’s real name is Stefani Germanotta. She got her stage name when the music producer Rob Fusari compared her vocal style to that of Freddie Mercury, and took the name Gaga from the 1984 Queen single “Radio Ga-Ga.” (ANI)
- Not to be mistaken for Winehouse, Lady Gaga dyes hair - Jun 15, 2009
- Lady Gaga's 'evolution was inspired by Freddie Mercury' - Oct 18, 2010
- Lady Gaga says people call her 'Stefani' while in the bedroom - Feb 12, 2011
- 'Creative' Lady Gaga wears her hair like a hat! - Jan 09, 2010
- Lady Gaga 'thinks she's an aristocratic lady'! - May 06, 2010
- Lady Gaga's grand translucent egg Grammy Awards entrance! - Feb 14, 2011
- All about the 'birth' of Lady Gaga - Mar 04, 2011
- Lady Gaga settles legal feud with her ex - Sep 11, 2010
- When 'raunchy' Lady Gaga was frumpy - Nov 25, 2009
- Ellen DeGeneres, Lady Gaga share kiss after singer performs new song - Apr 30, 2011
- Did Gaga visit Winehouse home? - Nov 22, 2011
- Lady Gaga sued by former producer for $30 million - Mar 19, 2010
- Lady Gaga was hospitalized a number of times last year due to her dangerous dieting pattern - Sep 08, 2010
- I'm married to loneliness: Gaga - Aug 24, 2011
- Lady Gaga insists she's not a man - Jan 24, 2010