Lady Gaga sued for charity scamJune 27th, 2011 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 27 (IANS) Lady Gaga has been accused of pocketing proceeds from the sales of “We Pray for Japan” wristbands and the bizarre singer is now facing legal action.
Michigan Law firm 1-800-LAW-FIRM has slapped a $5 million lawsuit against Gaga, reports aceshowbiz.com.
“I’m suing Lady Gaga simply to hold her accountable for giving the money that she was raising for charity to the cause that she was trying to raise it for,” said Ari Kresch, an attorney for the firm.
Firm partner Alyson Oliver claimed that Gaga refused to fully disclose how much of the money from the sales of the wristbands goes to the Japanese victims.
“When we tried to communicate with the defendants in this lawsuit, all we got was, ‘well, some of the money is being retained, but we don’t really know how much’,” Oliver told FOX news station.
“If the money was going to the right place rather than into the defendant’s pocket, then I hope that our effort helps that,” Oliver added.
- Gaga releasing charity stationery - Aug 31, 2012
- Hilary Swank sues home-audio firm - May 15, 2012
- Gaga's wristband raises $250,000 for Japan victims - Mar 16, 2011
- Gaga's nude sketch sold for $30,000 - Dec 26, 2011
- Lady Gaga designs T-shirt for Japan victims - Jun 24, 2011
- Minaj tired of comparison with Gaga - Apr 10, 2012
- Lady Gaga raises $1.5m for Japan - Mar 26, 2011
- Jay Z in copyright lawsuit - Jun 21, 2012
- Gaga designs charity bracelet for quake-hit Japan - Mar 13, 2011
- Meester files lawsuit against mother - Jul 24, 2011
- Gaga turns alien for 'Men In Black 3' - Apr 20, 2012
- Cheryl Cole named most popular music star - Dec 03, 2010
- Lady Gaga sued by former producer for $30 million - Mar 19, 2010
- Diddy sued by ex-employee for age discrimination - Sep 03, 2010
- Lady Gaga sued for $10 million - Jul 26, 2012