Lady Gaga made an honorary Australian citizenJuly 13th, 2011 - 6:18 am ICT by IANS
London, July 13 (IANS) Pop star Lady Gaga has been made an honorary Australian citizen during a trip to the country.
Gaga was in the city, earlier this month, to promote her latest album “Born This Way” and stage a show at Sydney Town Hall July 13.
She was handed a prestigious honour by Sydney mayor Clover Moore, reports contactmusic.com.
“Thank you to the Mayor of Sydney, steadfast Glbt (gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender) activist, for making me an honorary Aussie Citizen,” the 25-year-old posted on micro-blogging site Twitter along with a picture of her special certificate.
- Cher to duet with Lady Gaga - Jul 23, 2011
- Bollywood celebs slam Azad's comments on MSM - Jul 05, 2011
- Gaga shows off bruises post pole mishap - Jun 13, 2012
- Lady Gaga to receive LGBT honour - Nov 19, 2011
- Gaga roots for gay rights - Jun 13, 2011
- Gays more frequent blog readers, social network users - Jul 14, 2010
- Gaga ends deal with Target - Mar 10, 2011
- Lady Gaga's perfume photos leaked online - Jun 15, 2012
- Katy Perry wonders if internet is good - Jul 28, 2012
- Radcliffe praises Gaga for gay rights stance - Apr 20, 2011
- Gaga makes history with 18 mn followers on Twitter - Jan 17, 2012
- Perry accused of copying Gaga - Apr 02, 2011
- Gaga to gift unreleased songs to fans - Dec 23, 2011
- Alec Baldwin quits twitter again - Jul 04, 2012
- Madonna should be denied Russian visa: Theologian - Apr 06, 2012