Lady Gaga apologizes for calling Madonna rip-off remarks ‘retarded’April 22nd, 2011 - 12:25 pm ICT by ANI
New York, April 22 (ANI): Just a day after calling the plagiarism speculation as “retarded”, Lady Gaga has apologized for using the offensive word.
It was accused that for last single ‘Born This Way’ the singer blatantly ripped off Madonna’s ‘Express Yourself.’
“I consider it part of my life’s work and music to push the boundaries of love and acceptance. My apologies for not speaking thoughtfully. To anyone that was hurt, please know that it was furiously unintentional. An honest mistake, requires honesty to make,” the New York Daily News quoted her as telling in a statement to gossip blogger Perez Hilton.
Gaga used the R-word in a NME interview in which she defended her hit song — and her song writing abilities.
“I’ve written loads of music. Why would I try to put out a song and think I’m getting one over on everybody? That’s retarded. What a completely ridiculous thing to even question me about,” she added. (ANI)
- 'F**king smart' Lady Gaga calls 'Madonna plagiarism accusation retarded' - Apr 21, 2011
- Lady Gaga faces fresh plagiarism accusations - Mar 12, 2011
- LiLo's leaked new song reflects DUI troubles - Jul 14, 2010
- Madonna accused of plagiarism - Feb 14, 2012
- Madonna takes another swipe at Gaga - Sep 18, 2012
- Madonna appreciates Gaga for copying song - Jan 14, 2012
- Amy Winehouse booed by fans in Dubai over lacklustre gig - Feb 14, 2011
- Lady Gaga Says Madonna Loves 'Born This Way' - Feb 16, 2011
- Lady Gaga to cast transsexuals in her new video - Jan 19, 2011
- Hilton dismisses single leak - Dec 02, 2011
- Courtney Love branded 'prepubescent feral cat' by daughter - Aug 27, 2010
- Did Usher steal OMG lyrics from Homer Simpson? - Dec 29, 2010
- Rihanna's reveals her wildest side in new racy video - Feb 03, 2011
- Gaga accused of copying Madonna's track - Feb 12, 2011
- Beth Ditto eager to write songs for Madonna - Jan 29, 2012
Tags: apologies, boundaries, gossip, honest mistake, honesty, lady gaga, love, madonna, music, new york daily news, nme interview, offensive word, perez hilton, plagiarism, speculation, york daily news