Lack of innocence in Hindi films worries Juhi (Movie Snippets)July 19th, 2012 - 4:41 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 19 (IANS) Actress Juhi Chawla says recent Bollywood films had begun to worry her about the lost charm and innocence, but Abhishek Bachchan-starrer clean film “Bol Bachchan” has restored her faith.
“Just watched ‘Bol Bachchan’ at a movie theatre in Kampala. Had a good laugh! The movie is completely cracked! Ajay Devgn and Abhishek were hilarious. Everyone in the movie was fun,” tweeted Juhi.
“And what I liked about it most… it was a clean film! The girls skirts were long… The necklines high… No nonsense unnecessary kissing or sleeping around… Call me old fashioned but I was beginning to get worried about Hindi films. Wanting to be so much like Hollywood films… losing their charm, originality, innocence,” added the 44-year-old, whose popular films include “Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak”, “Darr” and “Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke”.
Rani to get award for helping stray dog
Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji’s noble deed of helping a dog in distress has won her an award. Her kind deed has been recognised by animal rights organisation People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India.
Rani was shooting for her upcoming film “Aiyya” when she reportedly saw a stray dog being harassed by a few onlookers on the set. She rushed to help the dog by stopping them.
For this, Rani will receive a Hero to Animals Award from PETA India.
“This dog would have been terrified and suffered more abuse were it not for Rani’s compassionate and quick action,” said Sachin Bangera, PETA India manager of media and celebrity projects.
“We encourage everyone to stop and speak up for animals who are subjected to pain or suffering, because if you don’t, maybe no one else will,” he added.
Past recipients of PETA’s Hero to Animals Award include actors like Zarine Khan, for rescuing a cat from the street, and Cyrus Broacha, for refusing to perform a stunt that involved riding a bull.
Lara begins shooting ‘David’
Actress Lara Dutta, who gave birth to daughter Saira earlier this year, is back to work. She has started shooting for the movie “David”, which is being shot in Hindi and Tamil simultaneously.
“Morning folks! Off to shoot for Bejoy Nambiar’s ‘David’. Being shot in Hindi and Tamil simultaneously! Doing both versions,” tweeted the 34-year-old, who is married to tennis ace Mahesh Bhupathi.
“David” is a gangster-comedy and features actors Neil Nitin Mukesh, Vinay Virmani, Vikram and Isha Sharvani.
- Marriage talk makes Katrina uncomfortable (Movie Snippets) - Aug 12, 2012
- Rohit Shetty ropes in Archana, VIP for 'Bol Bachchan' (Movie Snippets) - Aug 28, 2011
- Neil to work with 'Shaitan' director (Movie Snippets) - Mar 29, 2012
- Abhishek injured again, fractures finger - Sep 25, 2011
- Juhi's second flick in Mollywood - May 12, 2010
- Madhuri in disguise at Taj (Movie Snippet) (With Image) - Jul 08, 2012
- Movie promotions like election yatras, says SRK (Movie Snippets) - Dec 15, 2011
- Rohit Shetty feels the 100-crore pressure - Jul 25, 2012
- Abhishek injured, says 'Bol Bachchan' not affected - Apr 02, 2012
- Karisma to join Twitter soon (Movie Snippets) - Aug 24, 2011
- Lara in the family way, Abhishek wishes her - Aug 02, 2011
- Waited long to play my age on screen: Prachi Desai - Apr 11, 2012
- Asin wants to move beyond comedy (With Images) - Jul 22, 2012
- Our Hindi is becoming worse by the day: Juhi Chawla - Oct 14, 2010
- Focussing on quality films with right budget: Abhishek Bachchan (Interview) - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: abhishek bachchan, bollywood films, celebrity projects, cyrus broacha, darr, ethical treatment of animals, girls skirts, hindi films, hollywood films, hum hain rahi pyar ke, juhi chawla, kind deed, movie theatre, noble deed, people for the ethical treatment of animals, rahi, rani mukerji, treatment of animals, upcoming film, zarine khan