Labor officials defend ‘Kate Plus 8′ work permitsJuly 22nd, 2010 - 8:01 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Philadelphia, July 22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The US labor department has denied accusations that the 6 youngest children of reality star Kate Gosselin are being “unlawfully exploited” by featuring in a TV show.
Gosselin has been accused of illegally exploiting her sextuplets by allowing them to feature on the TLC show by Thomas Murt, who is a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives and who represents the Republican Party.
Murt also didn’t understand why Pennsylvania’s Department of Labor & Industry decided to give the children permission to work by issuing them work permits. He said that children younger than seven could only feature in movies but not TV shows according to the state of Pennsylvania’s laws.
According to reports by GossipCop.com, Department of Labor & Industry officials did not approve of Murt’s accusations saying Gosselin’s children are not being “unlawfully exploited” and the thirty-five years old reality star – Kate Gosselin was not violating child labor laws. They also argued for the decision to give Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Collin, Leah and Joel work permits even though they are younger than seven.
- Labor Department Defends The Kate Plus 8 Permits - Jul 22, 2010
- Kate Gosselin's Kids Not Being Exploited On"Kate Plus 8," Labor Department Says - Jul 22, 2010
- 'Kate Plus 8' Child Permits Defended By Labor Department - Jul 22, 2010
- Kate's interview: Jon Gosselin reacts - Aug 12, 2009
- 'Kate Plus 8' Given The Green Light To Move Ahead - Apr 26, 2010
- Kate Gosselin Kids Reportedly Expelled From School - Nov 13, 2010
- Kate Gosselin And Her Kids To Encounter A Gator On 'Kate Plus 8' - Jun 06, 2010
- Kate's kids go to school - Aug 18, 2010
- Kate Gosselin & her kids get the nod to shoot for 'Kate Plus 8' - Apr 26, 2010
- Jon Gosselin Might Vend His Car To Shell Out Child Support Bills - Apr 26, 2010
- Kate Gosselin And Children Visit Discovery Cove - Jun 07, 2010
- Sarah Palin to appear on 'Kate Plus 8' - Jul 24, 2010
- Kate Gosselin – What Price Does Kate Gosselin’s Kids Have To Pay For Her Divorce? - Nov 27, 2010
- Kate Gosselin goes camping in Alaska with Sarah Palin - Dec 07, 2010
- 'Jon & Kate's' Jon Gosselin Sued By TLC network - Oct 20, 2009
Tags: accusations, alexis, child labor laws, department of labor, hannah, house of representatives, industry officials, kate gosselin, labor officials, leah, philadelphia, republican party, sextuplets, state of pennsylvania, thomas murt, tv show, us labor department